No announcement yet.

Can pigs see a green light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=kmitchl;4655456]I've been wondering about the red/green light and hogs. I built one of the hog lights by DarrelS on the DIY forum with green LED's. It's set to come on Monday through Thursday at 6:15 pm for about 15 minutes and Friday and Saturday night from 6:15 to 8:15. Until I put out the light we had hogs on the game cam at 8:00 every night. Now we have no hogs coming in. Deer don't seem to mind the light at all. I've had to run them out of the pen to work on the feeder with the light on.

Never had any problems on our property. They come in hordes with white and green light on, eating away like the light weren't there. They don't come in skittish either.

Strange to hear of this. Maybe its the brightness but I doubt it. Maybe theyve moved on and come back later when theyre in the area?

Comment

I use a Bic lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpit TX View Post
        Nothing better than the Hawglite. Kelly sells a great product.
        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
          Green spooks them.

Red Doesnt.

This is just what I have seen from ALOT of time in the field.
          Had a green light under the feeder and the pigs quit coming--I think it was too bright and they could see their shadows (at least that's my theory). I used a red light mounted on my scope but regardless of how I put it on 'em--either directly, lowered slowly, raised slowly, or from either side, when the red light hit their eyes--away they went. That was in Gonzalez County--in La Salle County, nothing spooked them until the rifle went bang--so go figure? I suspect it may have something to do with hunting pressure.

Comment

I use the nd3 on pigs and have no problem at all never had them run from it. The deer get kinda spooky with it they don't see the light they look and are scared of their shadow dont ask me how that works....??

Comment

Working...
            X