Let's Get Back to Hunting Video - TBHVJ 26 - Killin Tree Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    My wife occasionally reads these...not really all that much money involved.
    Heard that! Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
      Heard that! Great job!
      I do have a bit of money invested in good camera equipment that I've accumulated over the years, but these days it doesn't really require a lot of expensive equipment to create good (hunting) videos. Most of the video I shot of last year's buck ("Drill One at 33") was filmed with a $600 Panasonic (the 1080p equivalent was around $400) and reverse angle GoPro Hero 4 (that I bought used.) Of course, I added the drone shots (filmed after the fact) for a different perspective.

It does require a lot of time to plan, set up and piece together the footage, though!
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Always enjoy your videos, great work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
          Always enjoy your videos, great work!!!
          Thank you.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Good work on the video as usual Michael, congrats on the buck and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very cool video. I would be worried about spooking a good one with a set up like that. I wasn't sure that buck was going to stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                Very cool video. I would be worried about spooking a good one with a set up like that. I wasn't sure that buck was going to stick around.
                So far, I don't think I've had any animals spooked by it, but a few have definitely been curious. Following this hunt, I made some modifications to the Osmo by covering the white "head" (camera) with black gaffer's tape. I'll probably work on some additional ways to conceal the head, handle and battery pack during the offseason.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

very well done Michael.

Comment

Tell me more about this OSMO camera? Is it movable via your phone? That is pretty slick and I am thinking I may need one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                      Tell me more about this OSMO camera? Is it movable via your phone? That is pretty slick and I am thinking I may need one of those.
                      Good timing for your question! Following this hunt, I actually filmed what will be the next edition of the journal about the video equipment that I'm using and how I typically set it up and use it. I'm working on editing that now and should have it posted in the next day or so.

As a preview, I've had a DJI Inspire 1 UAV (drone) that I've been using for a couple of years. The camera/gimble on it is removable, and fits on the DJI Osmo handle (DJI sells an Osmo with Zenmuse X3 camera - which doesn't work on the Inspire 1 - and a separate handle kit that will accommodate the X3 Inspire 1 camera). I bought the handle and it pairs nicely with my Inspire 1 camera.

Using the DJI app on my phone, I can pan, tilt, zoom (2x digital), change settings (frame rate, exposure, audio, etc) remotely up to about 30 yards.
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Good timing for your question! Following this hunt, I actually filmed what will be the next edition of the journal about the video equipment that I'm using and how I typically set it up and use it. I'm working on editing that now and should have it posted in the next day or so.

As a preview, I've had a DJI Inspire 1 UAV (drone) that I've been using for a couple of years. The camera/gimble on it is removable, and fits on the DJI Osmo handle (DJI sells an Osmo with Zenmuse X3 camera - which doesn't work on the Inspire 1 - and a separate handle kit that will accommodate the X3 Inspire 1 camera). I bought the handle and it pairs nicely with my Inspire 1 camera.

Using the DJI app on my phone, I can pan, tilt, zoom (2x digital), change settings (frame rate, exposure, audio, etc) remotely up to about 30 yards.
                        Thanks Michael. My wife thinks I am nuts with all of my camera equipment. Wait until I tell her about all this new stuff I need.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                          Excellent video! Enjoyed watching it. I would prefer to watch videos like this any day over the Outdoor channel stuff!

I agree me to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Michael good job as always sir!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
                              I agree me to

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
                              Michael good job as always sir!!!

Thanks Jeremy!
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Moving to Video Forum to make way for the next!
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X