No announcement yet.

Time to get serious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I thought about heading out at lunch time to hit the ranch for an evening then morning sit but after checking out the weather I'm pretty sure I'm not that mad at them. Think I'll wait til Sunday.

Gary

Comment

I don't know buddy... both of my WT kills with my trad bow came on days that I didn't think I should be out there... but I was determined to get it done. I am somewhat hoping that the last weekend is cool, damp, and overcast. It seems like perfect days aren't the best days and the crappy days turn into perfect days.

Comment

I can't disagree with that. I just can't deal with the freezing cold like I used to. Once it hits the 20s it makes the sits miserable for me. Maybe Sunday I will go tough it out. When you're semi retired and it's the slow time of year for your business you can be flexible.

Comment

Wind is going to be right. I gotta go. Will give a report from the blind.

Gary

Comment

good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Only a button buck so far but they cleaned up the morning throw so we'll see.

Gary

Comment

Button buddy got full and moved on. Still lots of daylight and corn on the ground. The hill country this place is not. Hopefully though with some hard work and tlc we can get more deer here over the years.

Gary

Comment

Wind died completely. Nothing else wandered in. I'm sure the pigs will clean up over night. There was supposed to be a SE wind 6-8mph and it was still as all get out. Morning is supposed to be a west breeze. If so I will sit another set up.

Gary

Comment

Good luck!

Bisch

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

Good luck brother! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Get 'em Gary! Weather should be good for killin' this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lots of birds including quail this morning. Windy and 27 degrees. Saw one little buck driving back to the house.

Gary

Comment

Bumped 2 deer off the feeder coming in. Got here 30 minutes b4 it went off but there was still plenty on the ground from the morning throw. That was almost an hour ago. Nothing but cold wind and birds since. Hoping mire will move as this cold should put them on feed and the acorns are finally gone. Pigs were in here again last night. Got about an hour of good shooting light left.

Gary

Comment

I hope you're skinning a deer right now!!

Comment

Working...
                                X