Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds good

Comment

used L and E for 8 years it did good job decided to go with DD this year consumption is way up but added another feeder. will see what horns look like in couple months

Comment

we are at 27 tons purchased thus far eating about 6 tons per month

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
          I will say you can't beat it for an attractant. I'll buy a ton in October just to bring some bucks around.
          This is what Ive heard from folks. If I had a smaller place, I would definitely feed it just for this reason. Im still waiting on someone other than the Holden lease to post up bonafide results that back up the claims. I personally think it is the Yeti of deer protein. They werent the first but came up with a great marketing plan. Time may prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            This is what Ive heard from folks. If I had a smaller place, I would definitely feed it just for this reason. Im still waiting on someone other than the Holden lease to post up bonafide results that back up the claims. I personally think it is the Yeti of deer protein. They werent the first but came up with a great marketing plan. Time may prove me wrong.
            Yep it's marketing at its finest. Looks like it's working lol.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              Yep it's marketing at its finest. Looks like it's working lol.
              They nailed it. They found a way to charge a premium with giant(pun) claims AND increase the volume of usage. That is a win win on any business level.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                They nailed it. They found a way to charge a premium with giant(pun) claims AND increase the volume of usage. That is a win win on any business level.
                Yep I should have came up with it and laughed all the way to the bank....wait I guess we still can. Triple Down Feed !

Comment

I manage a large low fence pasture. We switched this year to Dd. All I can say so far is that the deer have consumed a great amount of the feed in comparison to what we have fed in the past. And we have tried everything for the last 10 years. I am a firm believer that getting them to eat the feed consistently is the key. In tracking our numbers since January the numbers have been consistent. The consumption rates have been high. I know we are drier this year than we have been in the past 3 years but have seen similar conditions before with little success in getting the deer to eat it.

We may not see a big change due to range conditions, age structure or genetics but I know we finally found a feed that our deer will consume on a regular basis. That in itself is the most important to me.

Time will tell for us. All I know is the deer I have seen today are extremely healthy for the conditions we have.

Comment

So do you want the feed to be a supplement or their only source of food?

Comment

So do you want the feed to be a supplement or their only source of food?

If you're spending money on putting out high nutrition feed for deer to increase their nutritional plane, the higher percentage of their diet they eat the feed the higher the benefit. Pretty simple concept.

Comment

Whatever u feed it has to get digested. All feed is a supplement with the exception of penned animals.

I just know that our feed program was the best it has been this year. True a lot of money has been spent. A large amount of feed has been put out and very little wasted and never has the feed sat in a feeder over 30 days

We have spent less money on feed in the past they wouldn't eat so the money spent was not well spent.

Comment

Higher amounts of higher TDN feed=better conditioned deer=less nutritional stress=higher body weight, fat (reserves)=better antlers=higher survival rate=higher milk nutrition=higher fawn production and survival=more...

Small batch products that don't change ingredients depending on commodity markets are consistent and unaffected by corporate profits. Ask your feed producer if they change ingredients of the same "label" feed during the year to help the bottom line for themselves or the stock price. Local mills play the same game. DD is a consistent product that never changes to match the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                            Higher amounts of higher TDN feed=better conditioned deer=less nutritional stress=higher body weight, fat (reserves)=better antlers=higher survival rate=higher milk nutrition=higher fawn production and survival=more...

Small batch products that don't change ingredients depending on commodity markets are consistent and unaffected by corporate profits. Ask your feed producer if they change ingredients of the same "label" feed during the year to help the bottom line for themselves or the stock price. Local mills play the same game. DD is a consistent product that never changes to match the market.
                            Have you seen the TDN level on corn ???

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                              If you're spending money on putting out high nutrition feed for deer to increase their nutritional plane, the higher percentage of their diet they eat the feed the higher the benefit. Pretty simple concept.
                              Maybe if your running a feed Lot and not free range deer.

DD has hit the nail on the head and found the perfect customers. Great job with the marketing.

Comment

Maybe if your running a feed Lot and not free range deer.

DD has hit the nail on the head and found the perfect customers. Great job with the marketing.

You don't have to buy it but you certainly have a hard on for it

Comment

Working...
                                X