No announcement yet.

Feeder pen size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeps hogs and livestock out to prevent loss of feed to non target animals.

Comment

This is one of my smaller pens that I just feed protein from its about 15pamels I think but I have others as big as 25 so I believe bigger is better.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
        This is one of my smaller pens that I just feed protein from its about 15pamels I think but I have others as big as 25 so I believe bigger is better.
        I like the looks of that feeder, what kind is it if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
          I like the looks of that feeder, what kind is it if you don't mind me asking?
          Pretty sure that's a Texas Wildlife Supply protein feeder. We use their corn feeders, they work great
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
            Pretty sure that's a Texas Wildlife Supply protein feeder. We use their corn feeders, they work great
            Looks like a well built feeder from the pics! We have an HB that works great I'm just always looking for new stuff to add to the inventory haha

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
              I will come shoot the elk...problem solved

No, really, elk may be a real problem for your whitetail feeding. I don't know how the two can co-exist without it being a pain in your butt. Let us know how it works out after you've built your pens and had a chance to see what both the deer and elk do.

Best of luck!
              It's stinks Trust me
              Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462495629.489975.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	24443677

Comment

I use at least 12 panels and overlap two squares on each. Tie them all together and stand up in a circle. Center feeders and add tpost.

Comment

Bigger the better. 10-12 works for me.
                  Last edited by Big pig; 05-07-2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Min 12 round.

Comment

It's a Texas wildlife supply. I do most of the work myself so having a platform is really handy and if I move it around with skids it goes up on my tilt bed really well.

Comment

330 feet of net wire is what we use. The most mature of bucks do not hesitate to jump in. Net wire keeps the hogs and cows out.

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
                          It's a Texas wildlife supply. I do most of the work myself so having a platform is really handy and if I move it around with skids it goes up on my tilt bed really well.
                          I really like the platform and skids on the larger feeders, I'll definitely check it out when it's time to get another protein feeder!

Comment

How does a dominate buck keep others from feeding? Does he live in the pen? I've never had this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                              It's stinks Trust me
                              [ATTACH]789872[/ATTACH]
                              Hahahaha. Looks just like mine usually does. I have a few pics with about 5 elk sleeping and another 5 feeding. The will pack that sucker full. lol

Comment

12 X 16' panels, 30' radius (60' diameter), 12' gate. 1 t-post every 7-8 squares (can't remember)....

Comment

Working...
                                X