This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    This Ed O deal is putting a bigger spotlight on a growing problem that will degrade CFB as players sit out to protect their draft status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The NFL could put a stop to it.........but they won't

Comment

This Ed O deal is putting a bigger spotlight on a growing problem that will degrade CFB as players sit out to protect their draft status.

No doubt. Some type of Scholarship clause could solve it. And they think they should be paid.

Comment

Frogs in Waco this weekend. Haven't decided if I am going to go down or shoot ducks instead.

Sic'Em!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          BTW........ Go Mean Green sending the Flying Kiffins home with a loss last night!
          With the late kick off I felt like TheGrouse watching pac16 at night. Ended after midnight. Beer and wine was flowing in the stadium. Maybe one day frogville can serve me cold beverage in house. It was a fun game to watch. Kiffin got riled up several times at refs. Wah wah wah. Scary moment when unt qb Mason Fine was hammered to ground by 2 owl defenders. Was down for a while. They took him off field with towel over arm. Figured it was dislocated and hiding from fans. Xrays were negative. Suffered laceration to wrist and came back in later. He is a great qb. Hope Seth sticks around and keeps it going. Left OT is 6-9 335. Frogville could have used his services this year. Go Mean Green

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
            Frogs in Waco this weekend. Haven't decided if I am going to go down or shoot ducks instead.

Sic'Em!!
            You are better off shooting smiling mallards than to witness a whipping of your care bears

Comment

I think they should all re-conference and go top 8 from each conference. That makes conference / regular season games matter, and still sets up for the playoffs that everyone loves.

I think the NCAA is a joke, and can't wait til they are gone.

Comment

I didn't see it but heard all the jabber on the radio this morning. Sounds like the rule is jackets are for the guys playing, Applewhite wasn't singling Ed O out. If he gives him special treatment then he looses respect from the rest of the team.

Comment

Whether it is 8 teams or 16 teams, make the national championship the Saturday before the Super Bowl.

Now that would be a football weekend!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    And they can't kick him off the team because he's "hurt"?

I wouldn't have him on the sideline, if he wants to act like a *****, he can do it by himself in the training room...
                    He warmed up and decided after warm up's that he couldn't go, not an unusual thing. But it sure appears he's stringing the team and coaches along so he could travel with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                      its too many teams. wayyyyyy too many. this scenario makes some of the conference title games useless, and a TON of the regular season games less meaningful.

my team is UF so ill pick on them specifically. they have THREE loses! they did not win the SEC east, and now they are in the title chase!??

4 teams is enough. imo.
                      I agree, we have been playing the first rounds of the playoffs for the last couple weeks and will continue through the end of the season. The Texas v. Iowa State game this weekend is a playoff game. The WVU vs. OU game is a playoff game. The Alabama vs. LSU game was a playoff game.

When you add to the playoff you take away the importance of those games.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                        I agree, we have been playing the first rounds of the playoffs for the last couple weeks and will continue through the end of the season. The Texas v. Iowa State game this weekend is a playoff game. The WVU vs. OU game is a playoff game. The Alabama vs. LSU game was a playoff game.

thats how i see it. and it sets up in a way, that uga and bama play, while UF gets an essential bye, with extra prep time.

the selfish fan in me says, yeah its great. beyond that, its just not practical with conference's split into divisions, and the SEC is not going to be agreeable to ending their title game.

80%+ of these kids are trying to get a degree, and they have earned it. get their behinds back in the class room, and quit trying to be solely an nfl feeder system.

Comment

This does have some intrigue!

Heck yeah! I wish they would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

I disagree. The loser still gets to play another game the following week, plus a bowl game. You can't replace win or go home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How is Texas v ISU a playoff game? Maybe within the Big 12.....but the winner still needs help.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                How is Texas v ISU a playoff game? Maybe within the Big 12.....but the winner still needs help.
                                In the posted 16 team playoff both ISU and Texas are in the bracket.

Comment

Working...
                                X