This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JVasquez View Post
    Ed Oliver has been a cancer for a while. Argues with the coaches, curses at the coaches, no efforts at practice and uncoachable.
    This definitely appears to be true, ego seems to be in front of performance this year.

Comment

Start at the second round. 8 teams.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

2018 College Football - Week 12

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
        its too many teams. wayyyyyy too many. this scenario makes some of the conference title games useless, and a TON of the regular season games less meaningful.

my team is UF so ill pick on them specifically. they have THREE loses! they did not win the SEC east, and now they are in the title chase!??

4 teams is enough. imo.

I hear ya, although. The chance of a Cinderella NC are still slim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Chad C; 11-16-2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          The conference championship games are useless now. See Bama

True

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Agreed....4 teams sucks...8 teams give everybody sniffing around the henhouse a chance. 5 Power 5 conference champions and 3 at large. Teams win championships all the time with multiple losses. This long time "who was the best all year beauty contest team" having area or conference biased AP writers/media and coaches who don't have enough time to see their kids, let alone keep a finger on 40-50 top teams voting for who is ranked, is garbage and out of date. Let's not even talk about this committee with folks like Condoleezza Rice pulling names out of a hat. I think it would make the conference games more important....it would make the OOC games important for the at large bids too. And more importantly, it would make the post games for everybody who takes part in that playoff more important and exciting instead of a ****load of useless bowls. And for that very reason and that reason alone, 16 makes more sense than 4......but I still prefer 8.

Comment

BTW........ Go Mean Green sending the Flying Kiffins home with a loss last night!

Comment

Originally posted by JVasquez View Post
                Ed Oliver has been a cancer for a while. Argues with the coaches, curses at the coaches, no efforts at practice and uncoachable.
                And they can't kick him off the team because he's "hurt"?

I wouldn't have him on the sideline, if he wants to act like a *****, he can do it by himself in the training room...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Agreed....4 teams sucks...8 teams give everybody sniffing around the henhouse a chance. 5 Power 5 conference champions and 3 at large. Teams win championships all the time with multiple losses. This long time "who was the best all year beauty contest team" having area or conference biased AP writers/media and coaches who don't have enough time to see their kids, let alone keep a finger on 40-50 top teams voting for who is ranked, is garbage and out of date. Let's not even talk about this committee with folks like Condoleezza Rice pulling names out of a hat. I think it would make the conference games more important....it would make the OOC games important for the at large bids too. And more importantly, it would make the post games for everybody who takes part in that playoff more important and exciting instead of a ****load of useless bowls. And for that very reason and that reason alone, 16 makes more sense than 4......but I still prefer 8.

Yep. That’s the way I see it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    I tend to agree with you boys, but how sweet would 13 knocking off 4 be? It something crazy would happen every year!

Comment

This is the best scenario, yes some people will still get left out but it’s the best way to go about it

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        I tend to agree with you boys, but how sweet would 13 knocking off 4 be? It something crazy would happen every year!
                        For sure....Hell A&M might have had an NC in the post Hitler years with Johnny if that was around..

I'm in for 16 too...why not.. Any of those two is better than what we have..

Comment

I wouldn't mind the old BCS formula. Top 8. A hundred opinions and 5 silly computer programs is better than 12-13 opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            And they can't kick him off the team because he's "hurt"?

I wouldn't have him on the sideline, if he wants to act like a *****, he can do it by himself in the training room...

My thoughts as well, glad Major still has some sh** in his neck and confronted him, said he made plenty mistakes when he was young too

Comment

In the scenario posted, 11 knocking off 3 would be fun and a G5 shot at a title, although I doubt they’d get past the next round.

Folks dislike change

Comment

This Ed O deal is putting a bigger spotlight on a growing problem that will degrade CFB as players sit out to protect their draft status.

Last edited by Chad C; 11-16-2018, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X