No announcement yet.

Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went out on lake Houston last thurday, all the black crappie I caught were spawned out, but all the white's I caught were full of eggs. All caught in 1-6 of water.

Comment

caught them deep (20-25ft) yesterday on Toledo bend, still full of eggs. kept 45. mix of jigs and shiners.

Comment

I wish this wind would lay for more than a day! It's kill-n me. I've got fish to hunt!

Comment

Lake Houston Crappie

Here is a few on minnows fishing 18 to 24" this past week!
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice haul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dang_ol View Post
              I went out on lake Houston last thurday, all the black crappie I caught were spawned out, but all the white's I caught were full of eggs. All caught in 1-6 of water.

Was thinking about heading out there this weekend. If you don't mind me asking, Which end of the lake were u fishing?

Comment

Yea, hard to find water ANYWHERE in that lake much deeper than 6'!... Sure is silting in bad! Places where my son and I used to fish in the spring time for crappie and catfish are dry land now when the lake is at full pool level today...

Comment

Got off work Monday night came home got the boat and went to lake Houston ( live about 5min away) caught 20 keepers lost 7 more while reeling to boat. All on north end 1-4 deep

Comment

This thread has made me hungry. If anyone runs out of freezer space I got you covered.

Comment

Got off work Monday night came home got the boat and went to lake Houston ( live about 5min away) caught 20 keepers lost 7 more while reeling to boat. All on north end 1-4 deep

Thanks for the info. Prolly go out sat morn and hit the docks south of the old bridge then head north of 1960. Any idea where the white bass are congregating?

Comment

I have no clue, I have never just fished for white bass

Comment

They did not really want to eat shiners, as I was fishing behind a guy fishing shiners and was catch 3-4 to his one. After he watch me Catch about 12-15 he finally swapped over to jigs. Lol

Comment

Any of you guys fish them on Waco? First time out last weekend and didn't have much luck. Caught one white crappie.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                              Any of you guys fish them on Waco? First time out last weekend and didn't have much luck. Caught one white crappie.

My cuz hired a crappie guide for his wife's anniversary to fish there. They caught over 300 in one day. All jig fish. Kept 50 total. He said they would just go from brush pile to brush pile, catch some, then move to the next brush pile. She doesn't get to fish much. So it was a really good time for her.

Fish are bite-n. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                My cuz hired a crappie guide for his wife's anniversary to fish there. They caught over 300 in one day. All jig fish. Kept 50 total. He said they would just go from brush pile to brush pile, catch some, then move to the next brush pile. She doesn't get to fish much. So it was a really good time for her.

Fish are bite-n. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
                                Sounds promising! Now just gotta find those spots!

Comment

Working...
                                X