arrowhead value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
    A old man who has hunted artifacts all his life to find pieces like that is not gona sell his whole collection for $600....jmo I lije that andice johnny. I have a G10 calf creek chipped out of horse creek chert I found working in oklahoma.

Oh yeah, the andice in this frame is a beautiful piece. I'd love to see that calf creek! I dug up a nice calf creek/bell type on my place in Madison County but it had an ear broke off.

In Roy's defense, the old man isn't trying to sell his collection..his wife is after he passed away. She probably didn't have a clue what those pieces were worth...if they are authentic.

Comment

Hope if I kick the bucket before my wife she dont sell my artifacts that cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        The artifact on the left is a Scottsbluff which dates back all the way back to paleo times. Here are 4 Scottsbluff types that were in my house when a authenticator came over to look at my collection. I asked him to bring a few points over to show the family and he brought these.

[ATTACH]323879[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]323880[/ATTACH]

So yes, these are found in very good g-10 condition. I'm not the one to say if it is authentic or not just by looking at the picture but it does look authentic to me. If it is authentic, I would not have sold it for $2,500 either. It is worth way more than that. I'm not one to put a definite price on it but I would put it in the 8k to 15k range. Juost my opinion.

The one on the right I don't know off the top of my head...would have to break out the book on that one. Heck of a artifact if that is real too!

i think you are basing your price based on what it would takr for.you to sell it. but you are way over priced on that. wont fetch anywhere near that in todays market. the $2500 was close. she can do a tad better but not much. no where near a 10k point.

Comment

I would love to see the rest of the collection.

Comment

the scottsbluff looks real to me from the pics. Really nice patina and the flaking style is correct. You can figure grade 8 points to go for 1000 bucks an inch over 3 inches. She did right turning 2500 down.
            Copperhead, your point is a Scottsbluff II. It is generally wided and shorter than the 1and often lackes the median ridge.

Comment

Seen a folsum bring $18,000 Serious cash for a rock

Comment

AGREED! however I have a bannerstone that 18g wouldnt touch!

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                  i think you are basing your price based on what it would takr for.you to sell it. but you are way over priced on that. wont fetch anywhere near that in todays market. the $2500 was close. she can do a tad better but not much. no where near a 10k point.
                  I have 2 archaic blades that just fall a little short of the $2,500 range a piece. I figured a Scottsbluff in g-10 condition would go a heck of a lot more than my blades. Also, I was basing this price off of what I have seen Scotty's go for in this length and condition. I forgot which one but 1 of the Scotty's in the frame I posted was worth over 20k...from the owner's mouth. This was 2 years ago so like you said...the market more than likely dropped between now and then. I don't stay on top of artifact values because I have never sold any of my stuff and don't dive into the value side of things. I would still put the value well above my archaic blades though.

Comment

Things are worth what people are willing to pay for them. If she can get $2500 then that's what it's worth. If she can get $15,000 then it's worth $15K. It's worth $30 to me. Ask if she'll sell it to me!!! Ha ha just kidding. I hope they are real because those are awesome.

Comment

What the??? Ok, my infatuation on finding a Scotty has been put on the back burner. A bannerstone is now the front runner!

Comment

Folsom are never big, so when you find a big one, they go for crazy amounts. I got a broke one that someone offered $300 just for the base. Did not make since to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                          Folsom are never big, so when you find a big one, they go for crazy amounts. I got a broke one that someone offered $300 just for the base. Did not make since to me.
                          That is crazy. My son is wondering if he could get $550 for this piece he found.

Click image for larger version

Name:	folsom.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	24060940

Comment

What was a bannerstone used for?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
                              What was a bannerstone used for?

I was wondering too

Comment