No announcement yet.

How much protein.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How big of a well would be required to support a pivot. Another rancher I know told be recently that he spent in excess of $100K to rebuild his pivot well, Granted it looked like a 12" pipe coming out of the ground. You raise an interesting question....

Comment

Originally posted by roadkill54 View Post
      How big of a well would be required to support a pivot. Another rancher I know told be recently that he spent in excess of $100K to rebuild his pivot well, Granted it looked like a 12" pipe coming out of the ground. You raise an interesting question....
      They're high, even when you can hit shallow water. If you can afford a pivot for a deer plot, you have some serious coin.

Comment

Wells in some areas of some of the counties in South Texas will be very deep...like 3000' to 4000'+ and be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by roadkill54 View Post
          For let's say 10 tower pivot 1600ft in length you would need a minimum of around 1200gpm probably 10 inch well. But if you had to drill 1000 or more ft it probably would not be worth it. We had a well drilled here in southeast Texas around 500ft that pumps 3000gpm for around 250,000 which was outrageously expensive, decided we needed more wells so we bought are own rig and dug the same well for 75,000.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
            For let's say 10 tower pivot 1600ft in length you would need a minimum of around 1200gpm probably 10 inch well. But if you had to drill 1000 or more ft it probably would not be worth it. We had a well drilled here in southeast Texas around 500ft that pumps 3000gpm for around 250,000 which was outrageously expensive, decided we needed more wells so we bought are own rig and dug the same well for 75,000.
            Then if you don't have it yet, a tractor and all the equipment to keep up the 100 acres of food plots. Then electric or power source to run the well. If I were going to do it I would make 3-30 acre plots and use a tow-able pivot. I would center the well and plots spaced around it, then run water to each field. Utilize the ranch habitat better and space the deer. I like spending someone else's money
            Last edited by texashunter56; 07-28-2017, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Working...
              X