Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Im guessing most folks are watching CFB tonight.....Im watching the Astros! Keep rolling men.
    You picked the wrong game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
      You picked the wrong game.
      Nope, I watched two teams that can beat each other on any given day. What did you watch?

Comment

Was there a dust-up between JV and Hinch in the dugout after he was pulled last night?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Was there a dust-up between JV and Hinch in the dugout after he was pulled last night?
          I saw something about that on twitter late last night. It looked like Mr Kate issued a pretty good cussin under his breath at Hinch on his way to the tunnel. I wasn't sure if it was real, or current, for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I saw something about that on twitter late last night. It looked like Mr Kate issued a pretty good cussin under his breath at Hinch on his way to the tunnel. I wasn't sure if it was real, or current, for that matter.
            I saw a short clip also.....I couldnt tell if it we real or had been edited to make it look like that. I looked around on the internet and couldnt find anything else so it has me wondering. I cant blame JV for his frustration. He get's so little run support at home, reminds me of the year Nolan lead the league in era only to have a losing record. JV was probably ****** because he got taken out and Sipp and Harris immediately gave up 3 runs, pinning him with another lose.

Edit- it is on the Astros page so it happened. JV saying stuff as he headed out of the dugout and Hinch followed him.
            Last edited by rtp; 08-31-2018, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Jv was joking in dugout right after being pulled..which immediately turned to a frown when sipp walked the bases loaded.... and then was ****** after harris harrised.
              Cant blame his frustration..pitch count was high... but he was still throwin 97 ..
              Id take a 100+pitch count verlander over 0 pitch count sipp or harris any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                Jv was joking in dugout right after being pulled..which immediately turned to a frown when sipp walked the bases loaded.... and then was ****** after harris harrised.
                Cant blame his frustration..pitch count was high... but he was still throwin 97 ..
                Id take a 100+pitch count verlander over 0 pitch count sipp or harris any day of the week.
                Agreed but I think part of his frustration was seeing a zero on his side of the scoreboard.....again. He is having a Nolan type of season. The offense has provided 1.8 runs of support in his starts at home with the most being 3 runs. That will get old after 5 months. I bet the offense is feeling some pressure the next time he takes the mound if they havent already.

Comment

His ERA is sky high in August and giving up alot of bombs. I don't blame Hinch, plus also its in an effort to rest his starters some down the stretch

Comment

All right boys, let’s put that one behind us and get a win today.

Comment

Dang man, where is the offense?

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                        Dang man, where is the offense?
                        Used to have a select coach for one of my son's teams who would always say: "we got 'em right where we want 'em...." after other team would score and go ahead. Most of the time he was right, and things worked out. He said he had never had a losing season in 34 years of coaching and wasn't about to start now.

Need to swing the bats.

Comment

Bases loaded in the 8th, tuve strikes out, popup for correa. Very tuff way to lose. Should have at least eaked out a run.

I feel like they have played way to tight at home all season. Maybe the pressure to win in front of fans as world champions has some weird psychological effects on them at home. Crazy the way we hit better on the road.

Comment

I still believe ...

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                              I still believe ...
                              X2

Comment

#believe

Howd james look? Got junk?

Comment

Working...
                                X