No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone killed any deer yet? Seen any sign of bucks chasing does?

Comment

I heard of a really nice buck being killed out there Tuesday night I think it was a 14 point was killed by. Young man

Comment

Going back December 9-17. Didn't do so well during my week in October. 2 misses. No buck tho. Hopefully rut will still be on for my hunt. Been hunting unit 4. No shortage of deer just temp and time were not in my favor. Had 4 game cameras going and lots of does and have 4 bucks on my list if they show up in daylight. So what is normal time for rut in this area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2939.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	24473850. Hope this guy is still around

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2948.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	24473851. I'll be looking for this guy as well

Comment

So has anyone been hunting lately? Any luck?

Comment

Dates and times correct?.... get in the area of your cams and start rattling at 5:30pm... rattle for 2-3 minutes wait for 5-7 minutes rattle 2-3 minutes again if nothing you wanna shoot shows.... wait 5-7 minutes... constantly keep on the look out... younger deer will typically come sprinting in... older bucks will typically come creeping in... keep your head on a swivel... they could come from anywhere and they will freeze up on you once they get close... so keep your eyes peeled... Rattled in some good deer on the island this weekend... tis the season for rattling so get your rattle on!!

Comment

Date and times are correct.

Comment

Awesome. Can't wait!! With this cold front right now I'm sure they will be chasing hard. I will be there this weekend JDVerfurth but really just to lay out plenty of corn a week before I get there.

Comment

Go to Academy or your favorite sporting good store and grab some doe estrus and a drag... and wear it around your corn and make sure to get enough it spread around so bucks stop in to check it out... they are in chase mode so give them a reason to step in front of you.... corn will bring the does but doe pee will bring the bucks you want!

Comment

Gotcha!!! Bringing all the ammo!! Hopefully, I can shoot straight this time. Lol.

Comment

Did your area get rain? How are the trails at the butte?

Comment

You'll be fine! Drop it in 4H... and whatever you do... don't stop... keep her rolling! Hahaha! Good luck!

Comment

How is the hunting post rut out at TBR??

Comment

Last weekend when rain stopped saw a lot of movement and had several bucks coming to corn.

Comment

Working...
                                X