No announcement yet.

2017 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha that's the plan. Think it'll extend my season a little. Still won't be able to do much in the winter but may get me into December or late November now

Comment

Went to the master gardener plant sale Saturday and got my tomato plants and got them in the ground....so far onions went in the ground 1st week of January, tomatoes in place and going to try to plant potatoes in 5 gallon buckets this week, (going to try 6 buckets)......never tried this before but I'm going to see how it goes...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
        Went to the master gardener plant sale Saturday and got my tomato plants and got them in the ground....so far onions went in the ground 1st week of January, tomatoes in place and going to try to plant potatoes in 5 gallon buckets this week, (going to try 6 buckets)......never tried this before but I'm going to see how it goes...
        My brother usually does a bucket or two. I never have. He's had decent luck. I may try a bucket or two this year as well.

Comment

Anyone planting their garden around the austin area...?

I'm curious if it is time to put tomatoes in the ground yet.

Comment

Y'all have some awesome looking gardens. I started a little late this year putting in raised beds. Hope to get the dirt in them this weekend. I got 6 yards of rose soil from living earth. I've used it before, awesome stuff. [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170225/3686a87e14980b27984944
            568844cd16.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rseveer View Post
              Y'all have some awesome looking gardens. I started a little late this year putting in raised beds. Hope to get the dirt in them this weekend. I got 6 yards of rose soil from living earth. I've used it before, awesome stuff. [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170225/3686a87e14980b27984944
              568844cd16.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                Yea I'm not even gonna do my starts until late march
                Can you end all your reply's with "Becouse I live in Colorado" ...so you quit throwing us off on every comment ya make.

Comment

I'm working on a 1/2 barrels setup where I don't have to weed my tomatoes and peppers.

Comment

Originally posted by rseveer View Post

Looks great!
                    I've never heard of rose soil but it sounds like it will work!

Keep us posted with pics.

Here is my raised bed garden.

Comment

I'm going to try and till mine tomorrow. Going to try and increase the size a little.

Comment

Link for rose soil. Thats a beautiful garden txtimetraveler

Last edited by rseveer; 02-25-2017, 01:03 AM.

Comment

[

Comment

garden

The warm weather has everybody wanting to plant now but let it be known that it is too early for most things, especially tomatoes! On the other hand I did put a few seeds in the ground this week knowing that it is a big gamble but I am taking the risk on a few seeds. On another note potatoes are coming up! Good gardening to all and I have been gardening for well over 40 years and still love it, enjoy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Can you end all your reply's with "Becouse I live in Colorado" ...so you quit throwing us off on every comment ya make.
                              Ha nope

Comment

Has anyone grown sunchokes and harvested the roots...I saw on klru it was big with Indians to sustain through winter and was curious about them..looks like a sunflower

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X