No announcement yet.

Invest 92L (Gulf of Mexico)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I trust Johnny 100% on weather, plain and simple. If he has a concern then I will keep my eyes on it as well.

I have spent some time on a few pages and there are a lot of people out there discounting this whole deal and claiming its nothing, there's nothing out there. Some are claiming the models are old, they aren't accurate, it's nuts. I just don't get it at all that people would try and downplay the whole deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      Don't cancel. If I cancelled every time they expect rain you would stay home over half the time. Go and enjoy the cool rain

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
      If the OP is cancelling his plans I would listen to what else he is saying. It's not the OP first time doing this weather thing.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC View Post
        If the OP is cancelling his plans I would listen to what else he is saying. It's not the OP first time doing this weather thing.

What does he do BTW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          I am leaving for vacation for Gulf Shores Saturday for vacation but looks like I am going to cancel. The probability is high for a tropical system to be effecting travel between the upper Texas coast and Gulf Shores during that time period. Glad we got travel insuarance.

Latest Euro model has it coming ashore just west of Sabine Pass as a hurricane. A little too close to home so would need to stay home to prepare.

Keeping a close eye on this one. Hopefully others will post up some maps shortly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We are supposed to be coming to Bolivar the 21st for a week, and I have been considering insuring the trip for a while....There will be a lot of broken hearted kids if something spins up around then...

Comment

Shoot supposed to leave for LA. on Sunday. It may be a real wet drive

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
              What does he do BTW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny is the reason I sent the family off to DALLAS just prior to our 50” of rain during Harvey. Not sure what he “does”, but when it comes to things of the gulf he has my full confidence.

He was DAYS in front of any local or national weather in regards to Harvey. You can find somewhere in the Harvey thread(s) he states something to the effect of - this could be a “catastrophic rain event”.
              Nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                Johnny is the reason I sent the family off to DALLAS just prior to our 50” of rain during Harvey. Not sure what he “does”, but when it comes to things of the gulf he has my full confidence.

He was DAYS in front of any local or national weather in regards to Harvey. You can find somewhere in the Harvey thread(s) he states something to the effect of - this could be a “catastrophic rain event”.
                Nailed it.
                Truth.

Comment

Watching this closely as I am supposed to head to Bolivar Thursday morning-Saturday. Thanks for keeping us posted

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post

Nailed it.
                    Yeah, but it didn't even sniff the gulf.... remember?

Comment

guys with propane back up generators check your tanks. Gas companies always let tanks get low in summer due to limited usage.

Comment

How soon after this passes will bays return to normal. I’ve got a trip July 20

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                          How soon after this passes will bays return to normal. I’ve got a trip July 20
                          Let some time pass to see what this really does. It may not impact Texas much at all. Wait and see.

Comment

In

Comment

All beaches are closed in Mississippi for toxic algae. Wow!

State environment bosses started closing Mississippi beaches on June 22 and yesterday shut the last two sections near the Alabama border, including Pascagoula Beach (pictured).

Comment

Very well could be an east coast storm as well. Give it a little more time to make up its mind. But either way, impact would be this weekend if it evolves

Comment

Working...
                                X