Best Lures Private Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for H&H spinner bait.

They were $0.18 when I was young. Yes that was a long time ago.

Comment

I can’t believe so many recommend the H&H.
      Growing up tank fishing I used them 50+years ago
      Glad to see them still popular.

Comment

Green Shad Culprit worm texas rigged. I hate the moss and it helps eliminate it. It's my go to. Also a white twin tail type trailer worm rigged the same way. Top water weedless frog or spook.

Comment

Ask that Mike Long guy, I hear he’s got good experience.

Comment

No Doubt Tiny Torpedo Chrome with black back.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
              Ask that Mike Long guy, I hear he’s got good experience.
              haha, but not related here as he "catches" fish on public

Texas rig worm, top water frog or popper, football jig with craw or spoon bait hook, and last would be chatter bait (expensive but work well)

Comment

My pond tackle box has gotten huge. I'd say if it was my first time walking up to a pond with only 3 baits I'd have these 3 baits.

Tx rig Watermelon Red Baby brush hog
                Some sore or topwater (Depending on cover)
                White/chart spinner bait

Comment

#4 popping bug on a fly rod. Doesn't get any better than that.

Comment

Yellow & black H&H single blade spinner bait!

Comment

Tx rig Watermelon Red Baby brush hog

Yellow H&H

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie Dad View Post
                        Yellow & black H&H single blade spinner bait!
                        Yep. For some reason a black/chart spinnerbait has out produced everything else I've thrown in tanks for 30 years, with the 2nd place being a weightless watermelon lizzard.

Beetle spin is a good producer, as well as rooster tails, and road runners.

If anyone has a big private tank they wouldn't mind me bringin my 8 year old out to fish in, I'm all ears! We have a little 2 man plastic boat with trolling motor, and I'll pay! We C&R only unless you want rid of a certain size/species, then we'll do that too!

Comment

[IMG]IMG_0169 by Jarrod Stone, on Flickr[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Yep. For some reason a black/chart spinnerbait has out produced everything else I've thrown in tanks for 30 years, with the 2nd place being a weightless watermelon lizzard.

If anyone has a big private tank they wouldn't mind me bringin my 8 year old out to fish in, I'm all ears! We have a little 2 man plastic boat with trolling motor, and I'll pay! We C&R only unless you want rid of a certain size/species, then we'll do that too!
                            PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I’m your huckleberry . Need to remove some fish from our big lake. Bring a cooler to keep the filets. Shoot me a pm

Comment

Beetle spin or h&h spinner bait.

Comment

Working...
                                X