No announcement yet.

Best Lures Private Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mepps aglia spinners, my fav is white, brown or black fury. Also every good tx pond loves a frog too.

Comment

mine is a H&H black and white skirt of a yellow and black skirt also high on the list is a large beetle spin yellow or white

Comment

buzz bait/ whopper plopper

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          My goto baits for a private lake or pond are a Zoom fluke in white pearl or some other baitfish color.....and a Zoom baby brushhawg in watermelon red texas rigged or weightless. Hard to beat a slow, quiet baitfish imitator or a creature bait in a low pressure body of water..
          You hit the nail on the head. My two favorite soft plastics of all time. I might even add a Ribbit frog (watermelon with pearl belly) depending time of year, depth, structure.

I have been absolutely killing the bass on the Zoom Super Fluke in Pearl on a friends private pond lately.

Comment

Senko worm, wacky rigged
            EDIT: Also have real good luck sometimes with a 2'-4' shad crank bad
            Last edited by riverbowman; 07-03-2019, 07:55 AM.

Comment

My kids catch a load of fish on beetle spins, just like I did. The chunking and winding keeps them interested if it's a slower day.

Beetle Spin, white with red dot
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Ouch; 07-03-2019, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Frog.

Comment

Last year was a rat-l-trap and topwater. This year has been a senko and and cock of the walk shagger tail shad. They seem to get wise if you always throw the same thing.

Comment

Shallow crank bait

Comment

My go to is a black/white H&H spinner. Texas rigged worm works good too.

Comment

Senko are Zara spook

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          Texas rigged worm
                          Spinner bait
                          Pop-r
                          This. I might swap you out for a black buzzbait instead of a pop-r, but same concept.

If you can't catch them on one of these three, they aren't hungry.

For the worm, something in the 6 inch range, black and blue or watermelon red.

Comment

Originally posted by Mambajeep View Post
                            Tiny torpedo early and late. Shad spinners and Texas rigged power worms
                            agree ^^

Comment

Texas rigged Zoom Fluke, Berkley Havoc Pit Boss, a Spinner or Frog.

Comment

fluke, wackyworm, rooster tail, Pop-R in no particular order.

Comment

Working...
                                X