Best Lures Private Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Lures Private Lake

What are your favorite summer time lures for private lake fishing? Lake has a good population of bass and bluegill is the primary forage.

If you see me throwing something besides a skirt or beetle spin, I’m out of skirts and beetle spins.

Comment

My 10 year old wears out those cheap natural earthworm rigs with 2 hooks. They are about a buck each.

Comment

Texas rigged plastic worm or a topwater.

Comment

Soft plastic crawfish. Most likely a watermelon red RAGE.

Comment

Texas rigged worm
            Spinner bait
            Pop-r

Comment

Senko worm, wacky rigged & spinner bait

Comment

When fishing private lakes/tanks I have four go-to lures that are dependable “fish finders”. That is, lures one of which will always work if there are fish in the water.
                1) large beetle spin
                2) Rat-L-Trap
                3) white/chartreuse spinner bait
                4) 6” purple worm
                If you try all those and don’t catch anything, there are no fish living there

Comment

To open ended question. For the most part fish dummy baits ... in-line spinners, top water poppers, ... basically cast and reel type. The rest depends on body of water ie size management , technique. We have a 15 acre lake and I can go out with an arsenal of lures and pin point what they want and establish a pattern for quality fish. If you just want to catch a fish in-line spinners are hard to beat. But don’t expect to catch quality on the reg

Comment

Hollow Body Frog

Buzzbait

TX Rig Baby Brush Hog

TX Rig Zoom Speed Worm.

Swim Jig with swim bait trailer

Comment

if it's a private lake and hasn't been fished in a while...anything works!

years ago I found a small pond/lake that hadn't been fishes in forever, you could literally catch a bass on every cast.

I turned them all loose, and a few weeks later they were very leary of anything you threw; became harder to catch anything.... they learn

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Hollow Body Frog

Buzzbait

TX Rig Baby Brush Hog

TX Rig Zoom Speed Worm.

Swim Jig with swim bait trailer
                        Looks like charles got it down. The swimjig is the best known secret!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                          If you see me throwing something besides a skirt or beetle spin, I’m out of skirts and beetle spins.
                          My immediate thought was a beetle spin too!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            To open ended question. For the most part fish dummy baits ... in-line spinners, top water poppers, ... basically cast and reel type. The rest depends on body of water ie size management , technique. We have a 15 acre lake and I can go out with an arsenal of lures and pin point what they want and establish a pattern for quality fish. If you just want to catch a fish in-line spinners are hard to beat. But don’t expect to catch quality on the reg
                            This is a lake similar in size and I would like to catch some of the better fish. I think a realistic upper end fish at this place is around 6 or so lbs.

Comment

Best Lures Private Lake

Depends on how big and deep the lake is.

My family’s camp is on a 200 acre private lake that gets pretty deep. In the summertime pattern I find a shad colored KVD Deep crank bait seems to be one of my go to baits. 12-15 foot range seems to work best in the depth I’m fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Black Ice; 07-02-2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X