Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Night vision AR-15 rifle scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kgrutzmacher View Post
    I have one in the classifieds - see the obo comment. It worked great for me - just want to move to thermal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looked at your ad but I think I’ll hold out for the new one, thanks for the heads up tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
      Actually I did manage to stumble across some of your threads as they were older ones lol.
      I watched a bunch of your videos there and now have a good understanding of how the Sightmark scopes work noteably the RT series and based on your reviews and recommendations I am leaning towards the RT 4.5-9x42s and probably the scope rings/mounts although not sure if I need the long or short versions of them? Probably would get the permanent mounts as opposed to QD. I enjoyed your long review because it had closed caption and I can’t hear the videos. Unless I get interested in something else I’ll most likely be getting the Sightmark RT from you soon!
      Thanks for all the information!
      Donnie

Glad to help! Thanks for the private messages and I look forward to working with you. Thanks!

Jason

Comment

Typed in night vision and every variation I could think of in the around the campfire section. Very little showed up and it was old...
        Expand search you must.

Most guys don't shoot their night vision at campfires. Most guys shoot NV on the other side of el rancho!

Comment

Thank you Mr.Yoda, it took me a minute to figure out what you meant! Lol

Comment

Here's my take for what it's worth. If you want to hunt at night from stands, go thermal, and there's a direct correlation between price and quality there. If you want to be mobile, get a wearable NV monocular and mount an IR laser and an IR illuminator on your rifle. This second combo is deadly. Just feed the roads in the afternoon, then walk them or ride in an electric vehicle and aim with the laser. A suppressor gives you more shots at a given group of hogs before they figure out your whereabouts. As you can see, this is not a cheap sport, but it's loads of fun.

Comment

Yes I agree the thermal is the way to go but at this time it is a little out of my budget at least until I see if hog opportunities are going to be enough to justify the extra cost. Till then I have decided to go with the NV Riflescope setup and possibly a handheld monocular to make it easier to spot them before having to move the rifle. I appreciate you posting sir! [emoji106]

Comment

Yes I agree the thermal is the way to go but at this time it is a little out of my budget at least until I see if hog opportunities are going to be enough to justify the extra cost. Till then I have decided to go with the NV Riflescope setup and possibly a handheld monocular to make it easier to spot them before having to move the rifle. I appreciate you posting sir! [emoji106]

That is exactly what I did and I recommend doing whatever gets you hunting faster. If that's digital NV, do it!

Comment

Yes it is digital! Thanks, I ordered it today from Jason at Outdoor Legacy Gear and btw Jason seems to be a really standup businessman to deal with. He took the time to answer all my questions and worked with me to ensure I knew which setup I was needing to buy for my particular situations in the field. He had also sent me links to tons of info on these scopes. If anyone is looking for night hunting gear give Jason Robertson a call at 877-350-1818

Comment

Yes it is digital! Thanks, I ordered it today from Jason at Outdoor Legacy Gear and btw Jason seems to be a really standup businessman to deal with. He took the time to answer all my questions and worked with me to ensure I knew which setup I was needing to buy for my particular situations in the field. He had also sent me links to tons of info on these scopes. If anyone is looking for night hunting gear give Jason Robertson a call at 877-350-1818
                    Thank you! I appreciate your business and I hope you enjoy the scope. Now lets seen some pics of dead hogs!

Jason

Comment

I bought a couple of digital NV scopes. Got a bonus at work. Called Jason and ordered a thermal. Great guy, and I love the Apex 38. Photons are now loaner/backups. If you want to go with night vision, call Jason. You will not be steered wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                        Thank you! I appreciate your business and I hope you enjoy the scope. Now lets seen some pics of dead hogs!

Jason

Well that’s the plan, just need to do my part and catch them in the act! Lol

Comment

Night vision AR-15 rifle scope

Originally posted by geezer56 View Post
                          I bought a couple of digital NV scopes. Got a bonus at work. Called Jason and ordered a thermal. Great guy, and I love the Apex 38. Photons are now loaner/backups. If you want to go with night vision, call Jason. You will not be steered wrong.

Thanks I just bought one and if the night hunting pans out like I hope then I may get motivated again to work some OT to be able to swing the Thermal scope! That is so cool to me!

Comment

Working...
                          X