Nephew’s wedding moved too close to my deer stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
    I vote leave the feeder and see what walks out during the wedding. My Fiancee's brother got married by their lake that they have a bunch of pet canada geese on. The feeder went off mid ceremony and here comes 25 honkers going crazy coming across the lake. Everyone got a kick out of it.
    I hinted at the coolness of something like this happening and I got that “stay out of this look” from both my wife and the bride to be. But that’s good... I intend to stay in the “stay out of this” zone for the entire event.

Comment

Originally posted by anvilheadtexas View Post
      i hinted at the coolness of something like this happening and i got that “stay out of this look” from both my wife and the bride to be. But that’s good... I intend to stay in the “stay out of this” zone for the entire event.
      lol!!

Comment

Here’s to hoping the wedding gets canceled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you have a golden opportunity to hunt the backside of the farm with all the noise driving the deer to you, secretly waiting in the shadows. But first, I must ask...

On a scale of 1-10, how angry will your wife be if an arrowed buck runs into the reception area and drops dead gushing blood in the middle of all the guests? I feel like you could just blame the neighbors once you changed out of your camo.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
            I think you have a golden opportunity to hunt the backside of the farm with all the noise driving the deer to you, secretly waiting in the shadows. But first, I must ask...

On a scale of 1-10, how angry will your wife be if an arrowed buck runs into the reception area and drops dead gushing blood in the middle of all the guests? I feel like you could just blame the neighbors once you changed out of your camo.
            The topic has already come up amongst a “small circle of those involved”. It would be worse than if I got tipsy and hit on a bridesmaid. Of course, we know that won’t happen, all deer arrowed on our place immediately run to the thickest and darkest thicket never to be seen again!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
              First of all who gets married during deer season??
              My folks got married during the black powder season here in Oklahoma. My mom considered it the best anniversary gift she got every year. My dad being gone for a week hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                So my wife offered up our farm in east tx for my nephew’s wedding...October 20th of this year! I am honored, but then I found out this weekend it’s going to be on the edge of my deer hayfield and I was instructed to move the corn feeder! 120 raucous guests right about the time the rut gets boiling in my parts! Any advice?
                Well if it was "your" farm, I would say to put a stop to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                  Well if it was "your" farm, I would say to put a stop to it.
                  Hey, irs a 50/50 deal here. Besides, I am honored my nephew picked out place and as River Rat pointed out, I will have a series of “ranch hands” on staff between now and the wedding. Don’t get me wrong, The controversy or corn feeder was said in place and I had no intentions of ever moving it.

Comment

Happy Wife = Happy Life

move the feeder and tell your nephew he is an idiot for getting married in deer season or don't if he doesn't hunt he won't get it.

Comment

So the corn instead of rice idea actually was given the thumbs up! So basically I will be having 100 people hand Corning my hay field. Things are looking up!

Comment

As long as they don't have the anniversary celebration there every year.

Comment

i agree with everyone else, who wants to have another obligation during deer season? That's just ridiculous. You'll never have that weekend or month free the rest of your life. My only request when I got married was to have it in the spring/summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Doe Doe Spike View Post
                            i agree with everyone else, who wants to have another obligation during deer season? That's just ridiculous. You'll never have that weekend or month free the rest of your life. My only request when I got married was to have it in the spring/summer.
                            I tend to agree, but I did not pick the date, I am just the guy with the deer feeder that needs to find a new location. I also was married on Oct 12 some 25 years ago and it has worked out well for me.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	D6AA6F1D-7CD0-4DA9-9145-687F6BC57403.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	24542580

While the controversial feeder has yet to be relocated, road improvement projects requested by “the wedding committee” are taking shape.it does not hurt it’s so dry up in east tx... dirt is actually workable.

On the subject of the feeder, initial plans have been discussed with the “relocation crew” as to how to move the feeder with minimal effort and where we can temporarily locate it.

Comment

The deer will be really confused. It’s the opening weekend, they are throwing corn everywhere, but no one is shooting at us? Hahaha

Sounds like an epic weekend.............and you don’t have to gut anything!!

Comment

Working...
                                X