hunting axis deer at night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hunting axis deer at night?

is it legal to hunt axis deer at night? also, are they as active as whitetails at night, because im goin to uvalde this weekend and with the full moon im thinking i might try to take an axis at night if its legal....

Yes, you can hunt Axis at night

Comment

Yup, legal, and yup they are more active at night - particularly if pressured.

Comment

yep! they are an exotic to texas and you can hunt exotics at night

Comment

Yep legal legal legal.

Comment

As stated above, axis are legal at nite, but be very careful shining a light during deer season. You will have an impossible time convincing the game warden!

Comment

Originally posted by oneforthewall View Post
              As stated above, axis are legal at nite, but be very careful shining a light during deer season. You will have an impossible time convincing the game warden!
              Good point. If you're going to drive & spotlight, might want to call your GW ahead of time this time of year just to let him know what you're doing. If sitting at a stand with a stabilizer light or something like that, wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Txnrog View Post
                Good point. If you're going to drive & spotlight, might want to call your GW ahead of time this time of year just to let him know what you're doing. If sitting at a stand with a stabilizer light or something like that, wouldn't worry about it.
                Is it illegal to have my hawg lite on my bow while on the stand? I would never shoot a deer using it but could sit and kill hogs after the deer hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpe Eye View Post
                  Is it illegal to have my hawg lite on my bow while on the stand? I would never shoot a deer using it but could sit and kill hogs after the deer hunt.
                  artificial light is not illegal as long as you are hunting non game animals. hogs, rabbits, exotics.

Good luck.

Comment

You must have landowner permission to hunt any exotics at night. There is a possible felony theft of livestock with out permission.

Comment

Ive killed lots of axis in the bright light.

Comment

i guess ive never thought about that. it would be kind of strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpe Eye View Post
                          I have asked this question myself. If I'm dragging out a deer after dark with a light on my bow and the GW sees me, I bet he's going to have a funny look on his face.

Comment

Working...
                          X