Ferguson, MO Settles Lawsuit With Brown's Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferguson, MO Settles Lawsuit With Brown's Family

The City of Ferguson, MO settled a lawsuit with Michael Brown's family in an agreement to pay out 1.3 million dollars in a wrongful death settlement.

What......the HELL...is wrong with people???

Probably cheaper to settle the civil suit than fight it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      Ok but what are they owed and why?

Comment

Ghetto retirement fund: Teach kid to go out and do stupid **** until they get killed by the Police....instant Millionaire

Comment

They sued for loss of future financial support he could have given them. At 1.3 million I guess they thought he would up his game from knocking over convenience stores.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
            Ok but what are they owed and why?
            I didn't say they were. I said what I said because that's probably the case. It happens every day across the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
              They sued for loss of future financial support he could have given them. At 1.3 million I guess they thought he would up his game from knocking over convenience stores.
              Ha!

Gosh, wonder what the family will get in the Philando Castile case in which there actually was a wrongful death?
              Last edited by Birddog66; 06-23-2017, 10:53 AM.

Comment

too many money-hoing lawyers

Comment

I didn't say they were. I said what I said because that's probably the case. It happens every day across the nation.
                  I know. It was more of a rhetorical question out of frustration.

So, they sued for future loss of financial support? I wasn't aware stealing cigars was considered a means of support.

Comment

lawyers are to blame imo. theyll probably take half of that 1.3 mil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                      lawyers are to blame imo. theyll probably take half of that 1.3 mil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                      Yes they will, if not more!
                      Bingo!!! Yep, happens EVERY day across the fruited plains!!!

Comment

Judges should have more courage to throw a lot of suits
                        Municipalities , counties etc should have enough courage to tell these folks to pizz off and i would not care how much that cost.
                        You should not be able to profit simply by raising a thug

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          Municipalities , counties etc should have enough courage to tell these folks to pizz off and i would not care how much that cost.

This. Start doing this and the stupid baseless lawsuits will stop. And make the bringer of such suit liable for all legal expenses on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Make the loosing lawyer pay ALL the winning lawyers fees. They would stop taking these BS suits that they can't win.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              This I agree with.

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                              Make the loosing lawyer pay ALL the winning lawyers fees. They would stop taking these BS suits that they can't win.
                              This I don't agree with. Why? Why happens when YOU have a legit lawsuit and you're outmatched up against a huge company? You wouldn't even be able to try and sue.

Comment

Working...
                              X