• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, that looks nice!~

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

Duck boat overhaul

We hunt off sulphur springs on the navasot. We killed a lot of GWT this past season. We have a slough that we normally hunt but when River flooded out it flooded about 30acres in the bottom. We killed everything short of pintails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
          We hunt off sulphur springs on the navasot. We killed a lot of GWT this past season. We have a slough that we normally hunt but when River flooded out it flooded about 30acres in the bottom. We killed everything short of pintails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          That's where I would put in at sometimes. Where we would hunt it was closer to sulphur but the log jams were a real pain to get around. So we had to put in up at 30 and put all the way down. All we shot and all we saw were woodies and greenhead's.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Wow, nice work here!

Comment

Update: I removed the console and started welding up a top to replace the plastic part. Should finish tomorrow. However I have been trying to find a dumb wire harness to connect my motor to new controls. I've bought two wireharness' and a plug extension. The wireharness that is said to work with the new controls is $300. So naturally I look for a cheaper option, so after searching everybody said to buy the harness for $100 from a certain online retailer. I get it in only to find out it has a male plug and my motor is a male plug. It needs a female plug....so me being cheap says oh I'll just buy an extension harness and solder a female plug to the end. I match up every wire and plug the sucker in and I can get no power through the extension....so then I go back to eBay to buy the original harness. Then somebody listed one that looks almost exactly like it for $150. So I bought it thinking ok this is it and I got a deal. Comes in the mail and it's the wrong cord!!! So now I have to spend the $300 just to get the original harness. I guess that's what I get for trying to go cheap!

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Today I finished "cleaning" the inside. I used a grinder flap and grounded all the carpet glue off. The hard thing with this boat no matter how hard I tried it would never get truly clean on the inside. After I would wipe it down with paint thinner dust and dirt would be back again....so I said to heck with it I'll paint it anyways. The decks will be replaced in the spring and when I do that I'll hydroturf the whole boat.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Since I reused the wood on the decks for the next few months I painted them top and bottom to hopefully slow erosion down. Lids are drying and will be re-riveted on later this week. Here is the interior painted.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Finally got my wireharness in and hooked it up and it still wouldn't start... If I jump the battery to the starter it will work. So I think the starter selinoid is messed up. Hooked a meter up to it and there wasn't near enough power coming through. So hopefully I can get that part in and have it running by the weekend.

Comment

Starter selinoid came in. $20 for the part including one day shipping on Amazon. Swapped it out and after a couple key turns it started right up! I noticed it kept misfiring every now and then though. Luckily I had noticed last week the ignition coil was cracked so I ordered one. Replaced it and it seems to run great now. I'll tune it up a little better tomorrow. The part that holds the throttle cable was broke so I finally replaced that too. Hopefully tomorrow I can plug in the rest of the tilt and trim and get it to work easily, knowing my luck that won't happen. Center console is all welded up and painted, I just need to install the steering wheel and switches. Then from there I need to wire my night running lights and I'll be set to go for the weekend. We'll see how it goes!

Comment

Getting close. Looking good

Comment

That's nice

Comment

So over the weekend I ran wires, installed a bilge pump, wired in some switches, ran all my controls, put the wood back in and re-riveted all the aluminum lids, replaced all my fuel lines, changed out the impeller, and got the tilt and trim working! I'm so glad it's working so well. Went to the Trinity in Riverside today to run it. It did ok, I had 3 issues. For whatever reason, the throttle cable keeps trying to pop off of the throttle lever which can lead to a run away boat. Second issue is the starter would always spin but wouldnt engage. I don't know if that's a starter going out or the sticky residue is keeping from engaging the flywheel. Third problem is when I put the gear in forward(motor off) the prop spins freely like it's in neutral but it did engage in forward. But if you put it in reverse it only goes the reverse direction. Needless to say it still pushed the boat 31-32mph. I just want to make sure I'm not about to spin a hub!

Any words of wisdom on these issues?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X