Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Terry County oil and gas activity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry County oil and gas activity?

Anyone have any idea of a going rate on bonuses for an oil and gas leases in Terry County? Just got approached about leasing, but I hadn't heard of any activity up there. As a result, I have no idea if anything hot is going on.

not sure about Terry County, I know in DeWitt, we are in negotiations with Connoco (I Believe) for a 2-3 year lease for $2500 an acre. . .

Comment

I have seen some drilling rigs. Terry County would be considered the north-eastern most reaches of the west texas oil patch

Can't give you anything more than that

Comment

Thanks, still trying to find out some info. I've heard some generalized comments about the redevelopment of the west Texas oil patch, but I really don't know if I'm dealing with wildcat minerals or a decent play.

Bearkat - I wish this were in the Eagleford. Then I'd know what to ask for.

Comment

AG what part of Terry? I live in Yoakum next county west. If I know area might could tell you if an activity in that area.

Comment

DC78,
            I think it's off of FM402 south of 82, just west of Brownfield. Only been there once.

Thanks,

Comment

Not much in that area. Company I work for has some wells northwest of there about 10 miles. These wells are fairly old wells.

Comment

I live in Brownfield and the court house is full of Landmen looking up Minerals and Royalty. I have land and minerals here. The Brownfield paper did an article about them in Sunday's paper. I am not sure on a price because it varies for everyone. Some are saying anywhere from $100-$350 an acre. So something is coming down the pipe line just not sure what.

Comment

Originally posted by NUKAT View Post
                  I live in Brownfield and the court house is full of Landmen looking up Minerals and Royalty. I have land and minerals here. The Brownfield paper did an article about them in Sunday's paper. I am not sure on a price because it varies for everyone. Some are saying anywhere from $100-$350 an acre. So something is coming down the pipe line just not sure what.
                  I read the same article yesterday while I was working at the Terry Cty CO-OP Gin.

Seems like new technology and pressure because of the off shore hiatus is making a play that lays between a layer of sand and compacted limstone a viable field. Not sure what the technology is. The article named the geo feature they were going at.

Comment

Working...
                  X