Traditional FSC Week 35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 35

First off, prayers to all facing the dire effects of Harvey. I know that shooting a bow may be low on the priority list this week. For those able to find time and means to shoot, let's fire back symbolically. Also, we can use the circumstances to try and get better at hunting in adverse conditions.

The challenge is to shoot two arrows from 12 yards at a piece of paper with "Harvey" written on it. Specifically, just use a plain piece of 8-1/2"x11" paper; make the "H" with a 2-inch wide crossbar and 4-inch legs. Target point is a spot in the middle of the crossbar.

Couple of twists on this challenge: shoot the first arrow with WET fletchings; second one can be dry. Also, shoot while wearing rain hunting gear. For the measurement, subtract 1/2" from the distance of the wet-fletching arrow. Both arrows are measured from closest part of shaft to middle of dot on "H" crossbar. Lowest total of the two measurements (minus the wet-fletch deduction) wins the call for next week.

Note: you do not HAVE TO wet your fletchings on an arrow -- but you will not get a 1/2" measurement deduction. Also, if you CHOOSE to wet fletchings on BOTH arrows, you CAN deduct a 1/2" from the distance measurement of each.

Extra Note: Research indicates that steaming fletchings after they dry will get them plumped back up pretty well. Anyone wanting to share tips about this is welcome to do so.

I'll get in on this one. Wet fletchings won't be a problem here!!

Comment

Attaway CRM!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL at wet fletching.
        My vanes don't mind a shower at all.

Rick

Comment

Here's pics of me getting ready and the shots. No need for everyone to post attire glamor pics....unless you just want to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

So my first shot was the wet-fletch arrow and surprisingly the better shot at 1-9/16" low and left (making the calculated measure 1-1/16"); while the second shot flew high and right at 3-3/4" for an adjusted total measure of 4-13/16". Wide open boys and girls.

Edit: BTW, thanks to the wife for taking pics of set-up.
            Last edited by tradtiger; 08-27-2017, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Man I need to watch the range on these things. I shot from 18 last night witbout thinking. I'll shoot this after I get back from the ranch. Not much need for copier paper out here. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                Man I need to watch the range on these things. I shot from 18 last night witbout thinking. I'll shoot this after I get back from the ranch. Not much need for copier paper out here. [emoji3]

Write HARVEY on an empty beer box.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                  Write HARVEY on an empty beer box.
                  ^^^^
                  That'll work just fine!!

Comment

I've got a way to make that happen! If I can just wear a generic frog tog.

Last edited by DRT; 08-27-2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      I've got a way to make that happen! If I can just wear a generic frog tog.

Frog Tog is fine!

Comment

Done

Final score 2-5/8

Goose shot 2 wet fletches from 7 yds instead of 12 with a final score of 8 1/4
                        Attached Files

Comment

Good shootin'!! (And nice pedicure, Sweet.)

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                            Good shootin'!! (And nice pedicure, Sweet.)
                            Thanks. I think. Lol

Comment

Not that it really had any effect, but I submerged my fletching in a coffee can full of water before each shot.

Had the rightitis today, especially on the second shot.

Rick
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X