No announcement yet.

Mask required to vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted with no mask required in Trinity county.

Comment

Mask required to vote?

I repeat
      Masks are not mandated to vote in texas

One of the 11 exemptions in Gov. Gregg Abbott’s statewide face-covering mandate excludes Texas voters from having to wear a mask when at the polls.

The executive order says the mask requirement doesn’t apply to “any person who is voting, assisting a voter, serving as a poll watcher, or actively administering an election.”

However, the use of a face-covering over the nose and mouth is strongly encouraged.

Early July, Abbott said he wouldn’t want to “deny somebody the ability to go vote simply because they don’t have a mask,” according to a report by The Texas Tribune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Won't wear a mask to vote and gonna tattoo my forehead TRUMP. What can they do?

Comment

I voted twice with a mask and 3 times with out.

Comment

I wore a mask/jumped through their hoops to vote yesterday so that I hopefully won't have to for the next 4 or more years.

Comment

Our house hold voted yesterday, no line , no mask , no temperature check, zero problems
              Now I do have to say Abbott was idiotic to mandate only one polling station per county
              In areas of more density It draws some criticism

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                Our house hold voted yesterday, no line , no mask , no temperature check, zero problems
                Now I do have to say Abbott was idiotic to mandate only one polling station per county
                In areas of more density It draws some criticism
                Abbott didn't limit in person polling locations....just drop off locations for mail-in ballots

Comment

I'll wear a clown suit if I need to in order to cast my vote.

Comment

Voted this morning. Signs read “masks are RECOMMENDED”! I never wear a mask (except work) but I wore one to vote because of the old people in line. I didn’t want them to feel uncomfortable. I’d love if they were voting for Trump but I’m a staunch constitutionalist and I don’t want anyone to miss out on the opportunity to vote, regardless.
                    When they checked my ID, there was no way they could tell if it was me or not on the ID due to the mask. There will be TONS of BS happening in this election due to ID fraud!!!!
                    They made me use a q-tip to push the buttons but let me sign my signature with the same pen as everybody else. More nonsense!

Comment

I don't remember if they were required or not. I wore one as a courtesy to everyone else who was there because it doesn't bother me that much to put in on for a few minutes.
                      I also hold the door for people and say please and thank you.
                      No line-- walked in, put on a finger cot, did my duty and was out in 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                        I don't remember if they were required or not. I wore one as a courtesy to everyone else who was there because it doesn't bother me that much to put in on for a few minutes.
                        I also hold the door for people and say please and thank you.
                        No line-- walked in, put on a finger cot, did my duty and was out in 5 minutes.
                        Thats nice of you. Glad you can be considerate for peoples feelings

Do you wear a mask around old people who think wearing a mask is stupid? Or just those old people who are afraid of the buggy man?

Comment

Masks weren't required at my local FD, I wore mine because the older ladies running it were. Although, before I left several of them took theirs off .

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Thats nice of you. Glad you can be considerate for peoples feelings

Do you wear a mask around old people who think wearing a mask is stupid? Or just those old people who are afraid of the buggy man?
                            I don’t wear one around my FIL, who lives with me, who has COPD, DM, and all kinds of other crap from agent orange. He doesn’t wear one when we go out. I wasn’t going to ask every old person in line if they wanted me to wear it or not, I assumed it made them feel more comfortable. For VOTING, and voting alone, I was willing to wear a mask for them.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                              I don’t wear one around my FIL, who lives with me, who has COPD, DM, and all kinds of other crap from agent orange. He doesn’t wear one when we go out. I wasn’t going to ask every old person in line if they wanted me to wear it or not, I assumed it made them feel more comfortable. For VOTING, and voting alone, I was willing to wear a mask for them.
                              This absolutely^^^^^^^

Comment

No one was wearing a mask in Decatur at the booths when I voted today!

Comment

Working...
                                X