No announcement yet.

The Official Scotch Whiskey Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna try a couple of these just because what I’ve had I didn’t like.

I’ve been making a list of ones I want to try just based on reviews. Surely there is one or two I’d like

Glenmorangie signet
    Aberlour 16&18
    Old Pulteny 21
    Glenlivet 21
    Dalmore King Alex III
    Dalmore 18
    Balvenie 21 Port wood
    Macallan 18 sherry
    Macallan 15 fine oak

Comment

Lagavulin 16

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        Gonna try a couple of these just because what I’ve had I didn’t like.

I’ve been making a list of ones I want to try just based on reviews. Surely there is one or two I’d like

Glenmorangie signet
        Aberlour 16&18
        Old Pulteny 21
        Glenlivet 21
        Dalmore King Alex III
        Dalmore 18
        Balvenie 21 Port wood
        Macallan 18 sherry
        Macallan 15 fine oak
        I can't imagine you being disappointed in any of those. I don't get to drink a lot of 18s or older. That gets really spendy.

Comment

Originally posted by chase this! View Post
          bourbon. Cuz merica.
          x2! 🥃🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
            The Balvenie Doublewood 12, and/or the Macallan Double Cask 12, the Macallan 12, Dalwhinnie 12, Dalmore 12. Those ought to keep you busy!
            I have a bottle of the Balvenie Doublewood right now and it’s really good, I do like heir Caribbean cask a little better. Macallan I’ve only had the 12 and 18 so I’ll have to try the rest and the Dalwhinnie.

My BIL is a big scotch fan but he loves heavy peat and I just haven’t gotten there yet. Laphroaig and Talisker are a little heavy for me

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
              I can't imagine you being disappointed in any of those. I don't get to drink a lot of 18s or older. That gets really spendy.
              As much as I work away from home I don’t go through mine very quick at all. If I do luckily I like a few bourbons or rye under $70

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                As much as I work away from home I don’t go through mine very quick at all. If I do luckily I like a few bourbons or rye under $70
                The problem with the high dollar stuff is that it is so good it disappears real fast, which gets even more expensive.

Comment

I'm an unsophisticated cheapskate. Last bottle I had was Glen Moray 12 year single malt. It was pretty good for $40.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                    I'm an unsophisticated cheapskate. Last bottle I had was Glen Moray 12 year single malt. It was pretty good for $40.
                    Go buy you a bottle of Dalmore 12.

Comment

My favorites are, not in any order.

Lagavulin 16 as mentioned above
                      Laphraoig
                      Scapa
                      Oban
                      Cardhu
                      Balvenie

Comment

Johnnie Walker Green is amazing, if you can find it. Macallan 12 &18 are as well. I have had a lot of the small batch scotchs and they are very good and expensive. Always come back to the JW green.

Comment

I love Bourbon...but enjoy Scotch. However, when I drink Scotch I have the most lucid dreams. - which means I tend not to tangle with the peat moss often.
                          Last edited by MitchParker; 04-04-2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                            I have a unsophisticated taste and I'm cheap so I stick to JW Black Label.
                            JW double black, Glenfiddich, Glenliviet all fit my budget and taste

Comment

Aberlour A’bunadh.

Comment

I started with Burbon when I was 17. As I grew older, I progressed to burbon whiskey. Then Whiskey, Then scotch Whiskey (blended mostly). Now, it's just scotch. See a trend?

Except I do like a good drink-n whiskey just for drink-n once in a while. Or shooters with a beer chaser. But prefer a good scotch for ease-n back.

Comment

Working...
                                X