No announcement yet.

Texas Tech Fan's Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTU was out rebounded both on offense and defense. PLUS, shooting % both from the field and free throw's were under Villanova & TTU's average for the year! Evan's did NOT have a good game. TTU & Villanova's 3 point scores were way under average for both teams.

At this stage it all has to come together to advance, I know...stupid but true! I'm a Lubbock born, TTU grad living in Granbury and I STILL follow all our teams!

BUT, watch out for the Raider's next year and in the year's to come?! We need some BIG recruits and another point guard and LOOK OUT!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      Just a question since this is a Tech fan thread. A bunch here in Lubbock are complaining about the officiating and saying that is the reason Tech lost because of the refs. Thoughts?
      Preface with I did not watch much of the game, but there seems to be 1 part truth there and 4 parts hurt feelings (see what I did there )

Either way, that was a helluva run for Tech and Beard is a match made in Heaven, this is just the tip of the icebreg
      Last edited by Playa; 03-25-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
        TTU was out rebounded both on offense and defense. PLUS, shooting % both from the field and free throw's were under Villanova & TTU's average for the year! Evan's did NOT have a good game. TTU & Villanova's 3 point scores were way under average for both teams.

At this stage it all has to come together to advance, I know...stupid but true! I'm a Lubbock born, TTU grad living in Granbury and I STILL follow all our teams!

BUT, watch out for the Raider's next year and in the year's to come?! We need some BIG recruits and another point guard and LOOK OUT!
        Agreed. Tech loses some great players but they have some great young players and should get some great recruits with they way they played and advanced in the tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          Just a question since this is a Tech fan thread. A bunch here in Lubbock are complaining about the officiating and saying that is the reason Tech lost because of the refs. Thoughts?
          I watched most of the game and can say officiating was not a factor. Way too many missed lay ups and jump shots and free throws and not getting fouled.

They played their usual tough defense but could not score. Happy for them making it is as far as they did, especially since being considered an underdog against Florida. They will be back.

Comment

Was a great run this year for Tech in the NCAA tournament. I think Coach Beard will keep Tech basketball at a high level for a long time. In his second year, we finish second in the conference (Tech was picked 7th) and have three NCAA wins in a run to the Elite Eight. He's just getting started...

Comment

Great season for Tech, not a good game today but all teams have an off day and this was theirs today. Great for the program to make it to the top 8.

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                Good luck to the Red Raiders!

We want Chris Ogden back!
                Ogden took the head coaching job at UT Arlington this past week

Comment

From “highs” in spring sports to LOWS in football. Sheesh, better luck as an OC Kliff

Comment

So is Kliff on his way out? Heard he isn't doing much to win fans in the community. Cant even get to a .500 in the big 12 in 5 yrs. Pretty terrible and time for a change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
                      So is Kliff on his way out? Heard he isn't doing much to win fans in the community. Cant even get to a .500 in the big 12 in 5 yrs. Pretty terrible and time for a change.

Twitter said he was fired already

Comment

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post

The natives are restless in Lubbock. We aren’t a great program, but have grown accustomed to above .500 ball and bowl games. Kliff couldnt deliver. Local buzz is the decision was made this week, today’s game had little to no bearing on the fate of Kliffy. He couldn’t win at home, which is crucial in big 12 ball.

Hope Kirby can pull a Beard/Tadlock type out for football

Comment

Hopefully things will improve. My daughter goes to Tech, we have heard a good bit about the head coach and a lot of talk of firing him. Hopefully they can get a good coach and make some big improvements.

Comment

I will remain loyal and faithful until my final day. It’s hard to see him potentially go...one of us...we were so close to greatness. Besides the K-State fail had Bowman been able to finish those games we would of had a decent season. Forward we go. Wreck’Em Tech!!!

Comment

My oldest son is a sophomore at TTech.

Comment

Working...
                                X