No announcement yet.

Medicineman's 2017 season as live as possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little bit different kind of setup and hunt this morning. Today is opening day of Oklahomas 9 day black powder season and I'm hanging out with my better half hoping a nice one walks in for her. It's a frigid, clear and crisp morning hear with our first frost on the ground and our first freeze of the year. I think I'm getting soft because the heater by my feet sure is looking tempting to light up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3 does and some frozen toes was all we could come up with this morning. Got home and had a nice buck and half dozen does in the driveway right by the house....shoulda hunted off the porch!!

I'm taking the evening off to go trick or treating with my lil partner in crime and future hunting buddy. Don't think his costume could be more fitting!!

Comment

LOL love the costume!! I don't blame you for taking the afternoon off. Have fun!!

Comment

That's a great costume. Don't even need to change the diaper if there is an accident.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, finally back in the saddle. My target buck on this particular place has become much more visible during daylight and I've got pictures of him with lots of day time left on 3 different evenings over the last week at one of my spots. Overall buck/deer activity was much higher too so hoping something will slip up! This is by far and above my favorite couple weeks of the year because you never know what might pop out or when. I'm off most all of next week and really looking forward to logging some time in a tree!

I'm packing heavy with bow and smokepole this morning so if one decides to play dirty, I'll play back!

Comment

Comment

First sighting of the day. Buck I've never seen or got pics of before that I'm aware of. Got a nice lil bank of fog moving in too. Weather feels absolutely perfect

Comment

Doe and yearling moved in a bit ago. She has peed at least a half dozen times. Figure she's coming in. Also had a nice young 8 a little ways from me in the timber working a tree over. I plan on sitting till the fog is gone and it ain't showing no slowing down right now.

Comment

These are times to sit as long as you can stand it.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

3 more does just rolled in. Best bait there is this time of year

Comment

Told them to just get comfy and hang out for a bit. This one took it too literal...

Comment

Pulled cards after I got down this morning and my target buck was out again yesterday evening. Wind wasn't good so I held off hunting it yesterday. Winds are showing good today and tomorrow so hopefully he'll show...

Comment

That's a stud. Hope to see you smiling in a pic with him.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              That's a stud. Hope to see you smiling in a pic with him.

Sure hope so too..
                              Afternoon hunt didn't start the greatest. Running behind, gas light comes on so I swing into the station on the way to the lease. Get out to pump and gas spews all over me.... luckily, thank the lord, I had a bag of fresh camo in The back seat of the truck and changed as soon as I pulled in. I rolled around in a few cedar trees along the way in so hopefully that's taken care of. Wind is gusty this evening so I shoulda took a Dramamine tablet before I got in this dang tree!

Still packing my muzzleloader in case they skirt me wide tonight. I'm not against opening the floor to all options available!

Comment

Kill him with the smoke pole it don't count. Gotta throw him back.

Comment

Working...
                                X