Wanting to Start own Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
    Unless you have a installer license your looking at two years to get one. Definitely a good industry to be in. In Montgomery County there are over 100 registered installers, not sure where you are located in regards to that.
    **** its an open book test in Colorado. Im in Wood County.

Comment

Originally posted by glen1978 View Post
      I can’t speak for up there. You have to test for installer 1 and hold that license for 1 year with 3 installs to sit for installer 2 or be an apprentice for 2 years. Installer 1 can only do conventionals and installer 2 can do everything. In our county (not sure about your area) we probably do 1-2 conventionals a month and another 150-180 aerobic a month. You should look into it for sure. Search TCEQ license requirements.
      Last edited by Kmiles84; 10-13-2020, 07:14 PM.

Comment

You can maybe find someone to work under and install septic systems, it is not rocket science, just remember **** runs down hill, lol.

Comment

Domestic water conditioning is a good business. The electric part is generally plugging into 110 vac. I think the water in East Texas is pretty soft. People with their own wells May run into sulfur smells or taste. There is pretty simple equipment you can use to deal with that. Installing “under sink” filtration or RO cartridges is also pretty easy.

Comment

Odd pm inbound.................

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
              I can’t speak for up there. You have to test for installer 1 and hold that license for 1 year with 3 installs to sit for installer 2 or be an apprentice for 2 years. Installer 1 can only do conventionals and installer 2 can do everything. In our county (not sure about your area) we probably do 1-2 conventionals a month and another 150-180 aerobic a month. You should look into it for sure. Search TCEQ license requirements.
              Most septics up here are conventional and most leaning towards Infiltrator type vs rock and pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                Odd pm inbound.................
                Send it. I work in a prison. Ive seen odd.

Comment

Most septics up here are conventional and most leaning towards Infiltrator type vs rock and pipe.
                  Good deal. People are always going to need a septic or some kind of wastewater treatment. Not a bad gig to be involved in. Good luck sir

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                    Domestic water conditioning is a good business. The electric part is generally plugging into 110 vac. I think the water in East Texas is pretty soft. People with their own wells May run into sulfur smells or taste. There is pretty simple equipment you can use to deal with that. Installing “under sink” filtration or RO cartridges is also pretty easy.

Just remember RO water is corrosive, run that through black pipe and it’ll eat holes in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m a mechanic currently.

I had a very small dirt work business (tractor w/ FEL and JD 550 dozer).

Worked in the oilfield

I dig the idea of doing dirtwork, landscape, fencing, etc.

I already have a Dodge diesel and HD bumper pull for a skid steer.

I will have my own shop at the house.

I’ve thought of a gutter machine, real estate, all kinda things.

I’d like to involve my kids as they get older. They are 15 and 12.
                      Glen,

In grabbing the key items in your original post, it would seem you're ready to get into the dirt business.

Think someone else said the price for dirt work is sky high right now. If that's the case it leads me to believe there is a shortage of folks that know what they are doing.

Comment

Pick what your good at, the work will speak for itself. Don’t forget insurance and LLC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also if you are not afraid to deal with the deceased. You may want to check with the local Medical Examiners office as a part time investigator. You do not need to to be a certified peace officer and you can make good side money doing it. Ive got a couple buddies that do it and make an extra 34-40k a year depending on how much extra they want to work.

Of course you will not be able to pass onto your kids or get the
                          Involved.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            Also if you are not afraid to deal with the deceased. You may want to check with the local Medical Examiners office as a part time investigator. You do not need to to be a certified peace officer and you can make good side money doing it. Ive got a couple buddies that do it and make an extra 34-40k a year depending on how much extra they want to work.

Of course you will not be able to pass onto your kids or get the
                            Involved.
                            I was in the EMT field for awhile and 8 years of Dept of Corrections. Ive seen my share.

Comment

Do something fun!

Comment

When I lived in East Texas years ago I wished that I had started a lube oil change/inspection place. You could even do brake jobs. I know a couple of people that have been successful with it but it depends on the area.

Comment

Working...
                                X