Deer lease agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
    I had this exact issue come up a couple years ago when we lost land due to the floods. However, we pay by the acre so we lost acreage and price went down.
    Sounds like you had a money hungry lease manager and in his mind a deposit is non refundable no matter what the circumstance was/is. that is probably his profit money after leasing the spots. All you can do is threaten and hope he pays up.
    He made plenty of profit this is how it broke down

4k acres x 4$ a acre= 16k
    7 returning member x 1600=11,200
    5 new members x 1900=9500

11200 + 9500 = 21000

He was making 5k a year off of us and him and his 2 brothers were hunting free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

A) did you sign the lease agreement where it states refunds are non-refundable? (I see the blank one he provided you...but don't see a signature..)
      Have him provide that to you or tell him he can provide it to a judge.
      B) Did you sign a lease contract that states the fees/conditions can be changed at any time?

Sounds like a shyster.
      Post his name/lease up so other TBHer's don't get taken for a ride as well.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        A) did you sign the lease agreement where it states refunds are non-refundable? (I see the blank one he provided you...but don't see a signature..)
        B) Did you sign a lease contract that states the fees/conditions can be changed at any time?

Sounds like a shyster.
        No did not sign that or agree to the price could change.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post

Sounds like a shyster.
          This ^^^^^^^^^
          All you need to do is ask him to provide you with your signature on a document that outlines the non refundable language. And to also provide you with a document you signed saying that conditions of contract can change with out notice.
          Then I would put, if you are unable to provide these, then I expect my money in 5 days or less. If not returned in 5 days, I will be moving to the legal system to assist, a which point you can provide those documents to the court.

Comment

Or Just whip his ***!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
              Small claims court
              ^^ this

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                He sent me this from 2014-15 saying this is where it says non refundable. I didn't join the lease until 2015-16 season so this makes no sense to me.

Ask him to send you one with your signature on it.

You need to draft a demand letter demanding return of your money in 30 days. You will want to send two copies, one by regular mail and one by certified mail with a return receipt requested card. That is a green card. After the 30 days have elapsed, you will go to his local small claims court and file against him.

Where does that guy live?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                  Ask him to send you one with your signature on it.

You need to draft a demand letter demanding return of your money in 30 days. You will want to send two copies, one by regular mail and one by certified mail with a return receipt requested card. That is a green card. After the 30 days have elapsed, you will go to his local small claims court and file against him.

Where does that guy live?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                  He lives in Prosper

Comment

Issues for him:
                    *price is NOT what you agreed upon when deposit was delivered
                    *depositor was under the assumption the lease would be the same price
                    *if he filled your spot, he's not "out of pocket" and a jury or judge will side in your favor 99.9% of the time - he technically can't "profit" from your deposit.
                    *if he's found in "breach of contract" - it's triple damages, plus attorney's fee's (I rattled a knuckleheads cage with this one a few years ago...would have cost him around $15,000...he sent the check back quick)

Issues for you:
                    *generally deposits are non-refundable unless stated otherwise - that's why its a deposit, to hold a spot
                    *contract does not have to be signed - a contract is offer, acceptance and consideration

Use the legal system...its there for you to use and it costs around $15 to file....plus he's not gonna want to get an attorney.

Comment

LMAO....Buck Daddy Helm.....

Comment

Trophy Antler Chasers Hunting Club? That's kinda ghey anyway.....

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                          Trophy Antler Chasers Hunting Club? That's kinda ghey anyway.....
                          Lol....yes it is. Must be a yankee thing never could bring myself to call our deer lease this name.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                            Issues for him:
                            *price is NOT what you agreed upon when deposit was delivered
                            *depositor was under the assumption the lease would be the same price
                            *if he filled your spot, he's not "out of pocket" and a jury or judge will side in your favor 99.9% of the time - he technically can't "profit" from your deposit.
                            *if he's found in "breach of contract" - it's triple damages, plus attorney's fee's (I rattled a knuckleheads cage with this one a few years ago...would have cost him around $15,000...he sent the check back quick)

Issues for you:
                            *generally deposits are non-refundable unless stated otherwise - that's why its a deposit, to hold a spot
                            *contract does not have to be signed - a contract is offer, acceptance and consideration

Use the legal system...its there for you to use and it costs around $15 to file....plus he's not gonna want to get an attorney.
                            I understand that it's a fine line with the refundable vs non-refundable. If the lease dissolves he will have no other option to repay everyone. This is not just me 4 others are in the same boat, my dad cancelled his check in when all of this blew up.

Comment

The plot thickens. Stand by. Lol.

Comment

Mistakes made on both ends. He asked for deposit and you sent in the "expected" full amount. Sounds like at that time there was no change in pricing or amount of land. If you had just sent in your deposit, it would be easy to ask for it to be refunded if the lease agreement changed.
                                I'm with those that think deposits are usually non-refundable unless pricing or conditions change. Lease begins April 1, so you have been part of it for the last 2 1/2 months.
                                Next time only deposit prior to signing lease agreement.
                                And of course he could have easily explained to you that your deposit would be refunded if your spot is filled and paid in full by someone else.
                                Hope it turns out well for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X