Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    This ^^^
    The contract terms changed when the original fee was increased IMO. Kinda like changing the rules at halftime ain't it?
    This is also what I explained to him.

He always liked to change the rules at halftime to better suit his needs. Like when he hung a stand 247 yards from my "area" when his rules in the 2014-15 agreement showed a 500 yards buffer. Rules on this place only applied to us not him.

I agreed to a 4k acres lease for 1600$ if he raises the price or let's land go to stay at the same price I am out and want my money back. If we stay the same acreage and price I'll pay the 1600 before I loose 650 and hunt 2 leases, he then said no I forfeited my membership.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
      This is also what I explained to him.

He always liked to change the rules at halftime to better suit his needs. Like when he hung a stand 247 yards from my "area" when his rules in the 2014-15 agreement showed a 500 yards buffer. Rules on this place only applied to us not him.

I agreed to a 4k acres lease for 1600$ if he raises the price or let's land go to stay at the same price I am out and want my money back. If we stay the same acreage and price I'll pay the 1600 before I loose 650 and hunt 2 leases, he then said no I forfeited my membership.

Take his sorry *** to court

Comment

I'm sure I will have to fight to the end to get it, I should have known not to do a lease with a guy from New York city.

The agreement where it says non refundable I wasn't even on the lease that year.

New York? You're lease manager lives in New York and hunts in Texas?

Weird

or was he born in New York City, and lives here now?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
          New York? You're lease manager lives in New York and hunts in Texas?

Weird

or was he born in New York City, and lives here now?
          From new York lives in Texas and our lease is in Oklahoma.

Comment

Here is what he sent out for this year. It says nothing about non refundable.

Comment

He sent me this from 2014-15 saying this is where it says non refundable. I didn't join the lease until 2015-16 season so this makes no sense to me.

Comment

My conversation would be "Send my money back or i'll see you opening morning!"

Comment

Wait, wait, wait.

This guys name is Buck "Daddy" Helm? Like make the check out to buck daddy helm?

Awesome

Comment

I hold deposits unless spots are filled. Once they are filled then deposits are sent back, unless had to sell a spot minus the deposit amount.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                      I hold deposits unless spots are filled. Once they are filled then deposits are sent back, unless had to sell a spot minus the deposit amount.
                      I can see this in normal issues, but this guy got on the lease at an aggreed price, then gets a note that lease is doubling. He decided he is not good with that lease since it is not what was aggreed on, so he is out. He should not be screwed out of his money. Guy should give it back to him..

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                        I can see this in normal issues, but this guy got on the lease at an aggreed price, then gets a note that lease is doubling. He decided he is not good with that lease since it is not what was aggreed on, so he is out. He should not be screwed out of his money. Guy should give it back to him..
                        Deposit and agreement should be based on an amount. If amount changed and you no longer agree then YES the deposit should be returned.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                          If that's what's agreed upon then I would be fine with this, but nowhere does it say this. Now his new solution to keep the price the same is to give up acreage and keep the same number of hunters, I don't agree to that. Part of the land he is giving up is also my number one stand.

Comment

I've been told on here 1000 times that all you need is a handshake so apparently the mistake you made was having a contract.

Is this the entire agreement?

Comment

When we found the new lease and told Paul we found the place and were going to look at it he was beside himself to get the new contact information, he even asked if he could "run" the new place. He wanted the lease agreement to take to his landowner to negotiate with him, it was at this point that he got completely sideways with me and said I was trying to sabotage his club by not allowing this. He said that I was going to take all of his members and Destroy his opportunity to negotiate with the landowner. Then he proceeded to say that if I did not take any of his members with me that it would be more likely to get my money back.

Comment

If that's what's agreed upon then I would be fine with this, but nowhere does it say this. Now his new solution to keep the price the same is to give up acreage and keep the same number of hunters, I don't agree to that. Part of the land he is giving up is also my number one stand.

I had this exact issue come up a couple years ago when we lost land due to the floods. However, we pay by the acre so we lost acreage and price went down.
                                Sounds like you had a money hungry lease manager and in his mind a deposit is non refundable no matter what the circumstance was/is. that is probably his profit money after leasing the spots. All you can do is threaten and hope he pays up.

Comment

Working...
                                X