Deer lease agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer lease agreement

Long story short. I sent the full amount of the lease in April. We got word the landowner was going to double the rates, the guy running the lease told me he didn't know how much the lease would go up or possibly have to give up land to keep it the same rate. I found another place to get on so asked for my money back. He said he would send it back, received a check but it was minus 650$ deposit, he now claims that it was non refundable, I attached the latest lease agreement I signed it does not say non refundable deposit. We have been going back and forth so I told him the heck with it I'll keep my spot and now he says I forfeited my spot and I'm not invited back? What can I do to get my money back?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Small claims court and sue him for the maximum of $10,000.

Comment

Judge Judy

Comment

I had this same thing happen between a good friend and myself. The difference is, I wrote in a non-refundable deposit clause. He and three of his friends decided to bail 3 weeks before the last payment was due and was upset I refunded the first half minus the deposit. He couldn't get past it and we are no longer friends but he signed the agreement. I would do exactly as Matt C said and at least threaten to drag him to small claims court and go for the full amount possible. That threat may back him off. He cannot legally keep money that is not his own.

Comment

Go ahead and send a30 day demand letter

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Drop the hammer on him and let him know it won't be the last time.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
              Go ahead and send a30 day demand letter

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
              Yes, I forgot this part. It needs to be certified mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                Yes, I forgot this part. It needs to be certified mail.
                I will send one tomorrow.

Comment

He is saying what we signed in 2015 states non refundable but we signed new membership papers since then.

Comment

Wow. And that is only one page of a huntring contract/lease agreement. I'm kinda glad i can no longer afford a deer lease. Crazy.

Comment

So, is the contract valid if you agree to pay a certain amount of money
                      Then they decide to go up on the lease?
                      Seems to me the non refundable part is void because you agreed on 1 set of terms them only backed out bucause those turns changed.

Comment

I went through something like this once. Sent a guy a deposit for a lease in Falfurias to hold a spot for me. He was getting rid of two members but couldn't do it till the end of their lease term. Well once their term ended I couldn't find this guy. Wouldn't answer the phone on the one number I had for him.
                        So I posted a thread on here with the guys name and house phone number warning others of his antics. Well some one on here I won't say who pm'd his place of employment, house address and cell phone number. Boy was he surprised when I called him at his place of employment. He started getting smart with me and said the deposit was non refundable.
                        So when I told him I could be at his house by the time he got off work to put a boot in his @$$, he did a 180 and quickly apologized.

Check was in my mail box 4 days later.
                        Last edited by Muddy Bud; 06-18-2017, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                          I went through something like this once. Sent a guy a deposit for a lease in Falfurias to hold a spot for me. He was getting rid of two members but couldn't do it till the end of their lease term. Well once their term ended I couldn't find this guy. Wouldn't answer the phone on the one number I had for him.
                          So I posted a thread on here with the guys name and house phone number warning others of his antics. Well some one on here I won't say who pm'd his place of employment, house address and cell phone number. Boy was he surprised when I called him at his place of employment. He started getting smart with me and said the deposit was non refundable.
                          So when I told him I could be at his house by the time he got off work to put a boot in his @$$, he did a 180 and quickly apologized.

Check was in my mail box 4 days later.
                          LMAO

Comment

I'm sure I will have to fight to the end to get it, I should have known not to do a lease with a guy from New York city.

The agreement where it says non refundable I wasn't even on the lease that year.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              So, is the contract valid if you agree to pay a certain amount of money
                              Then they decide to go up on the lease?
                              Seems to me the non refundable part is void because you agreed on 1 set of terms them only backed out bucause those turns changed.
                              This ^^^
                              The contract terms changed when the original fee was increased IMO. Kinda like changing the rules at halftime ain't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X