No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope I get back in this year. Got some plans for whatever area I end up in.

Comment

Yeah, it'd be nice to get drawn again.

Comment

Am I remembering correctly, that the lottery drawing is one Saturday and stand selection is the next? Just curious because I'll be TDY on the day of the drawing.
        Last edited by msims6288; 08-02-2016, 07:19 AM. Reason: add

Comment

There were so many delays and issues last year with the site it's hard to say. I think you're supposed to be able to pick a location once you receive notification you were selected. That's how the rule book reads anyway.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Once you receive the notification that you've won, you "should" be able to pick your stand. We all know too well that there are probably going to be issues again this year and things will develop on the fly as in past years.

Oh well, all we can do is hope they got the bugs worked out for this year. Again, good luck on the 27th.

Comment

What's the cost to pay for the site if your name gets drawn?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by reyes128582 View Post
                What's the cost to pay for the site if your name gets drawn?

Thanks

Jbsa.isportsman.net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by USMC8151 View Post
                  Jbsa.isportsman.net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Thanks for the info

Comment

I will be training out there at the Combat Rifle range. That is as close to killing a deer there as I will get.

Comment

Heads up, they had to revert the stand names back to what they used last year for some reason. Kiosk is down right now also and look at the disclaimer reference to calling in or it'll be treated as trespassing. Just wanted to give a heads up if you are heading out this weekend, would suck to lose privileges before lottery.

Comment

Well hope I get the stand name right when the time comes lol

Comment

I've read through the website for bow hunting this area. For a guy new to the area, how do you know where to try for? It looks like you can get a scouting permit for $5? Is that what people do? and When is the lottery? This will be my first time hunting at camp bullis. Also, i have "veteran" on my Texas DL, would that be enough to get in and hunt?

thanks

Comment

Steel,
                            I started with some map recon on Google Earth and compared it to stand location. Google JBSA Isportsman. That site will provide a bunch of answers to your questions as it's got the regs, lottery draw date and other misc information you might need (I.e. Maps, open areas and the dates they are open). Once you digest the information there you should then have a warm and fuzzy.

Comment

I did the same thing, Looked at maps.

Comment

Excited for tomorrow! My wife decided she wanted to enter for a stand also. Would be cool if we both got one.

Comment

Working...
                                X