Quick and easy ground blind seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made one today -

I think its is going to work out really well.
    Attached Files

Comment

That's a nice one KDog. If you carry it by the handle you can almost get an 18 pack in the bucket!

Comment

Chew - an 18 pack?...You must be hardcore and hunt all day .

I used it this weekend, it worked great. The bucket actually made my seat a little to tall for my blind. I think it would have worked perfectly in my double bull matrix (67 inch height), but in my eastman x5 (60 inch height) it was a little too tall. I just got my shovel and started digging.

Comment

I made on of the Chew/Kdog versions last week.
          Seat = $26 & change at wolly world
          Swivel $3.99 at Academy
          Bucket- free from work

Two things I'd like to point out.
          You have to provide the hardware for the swivel to bucket connection.
          I used 1/4-20 hardware with bolt top heads so I could reach under with an open end wrench to tighten them down. Had I used lag bolts the next tip might be avoided-

You need to drill the holes on the bucket to the inside of the slots (towards the center of the swivel) or the bucket won't rotate past the bolt heads. I know that should be thought of easy enough and it was, after I did it the wrong way first .

I wrapped my handle in foam and then wrapped that in duct tape (camo of course). I also duct tape wrapped (small strips) the handle shaft where it goes through the sides of the bucket to help remove the noisy slop. It worked.

Thanks for the idea Chew, I knew the Cotton version was out there; just not the cheaper model .
          My folding chair idea just wasn't working out. Too low & too noisy.

Comment

I built one of these for my last hunting trip. The only difference is I used a different boat seat. I was sitting about 8 hours at a time, and knew the foldup chairs wouldn't get the jod done. The chair worked great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0008521175453_60X60.gif
Views:	2
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	23820783

Comment

The base that snakelover used for his works much better than a 5 gallon bucket. I weigh 200lbs and I have had an issue with my 5 gallon bucket starting to bend/collapse. I have another with the base like Snakelover used, and it is working perfectly.

Comment

the solid plastic ones will pop when you lean forward then back when they age, not a real problem though, I have a similiar setup in my blind

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  That's a nice one KDog. If you carry it by the handle you can almost get an 18 pack in the bucket!
                  Originally posted by dangerous dan View Post
                  the solid plastic ones will pop when you lean forward then back when they age, not a real problem though, I have a similiar setup in my blind
                  Are these the same shooting chairs that one of Harris County's finest has a problem staying in when he is flinging arrows at deer?

Comment

Looks good. Have to get on that!

Comment

Here is the deal of the century! Target has office swivel chairs on sale this week for $15...can't beat that.

Shop Target's weekly sales & deals from the Target Weekly Ad for men's, women's, kid's and baby clothing & apparel, toys, furniture, home goods & more.

Comment

great idea i will have to try them

Comment

We made one of these with a 15" pedistal on a base of plywood this year. My only problem was with the seat its self. Sounded like a heard of cattle if you shifted on it at all, the air being released from the cushion made too much noise. We removed the seat cushion and it's quite as a mouse. My Dad told me two days ago that we ruined his seat by removing the cushion... (typical for him to let his sons do all the work then criticize how it's done ), I told him he could have it back if he liked but it made too much noise IMHO. I'll spare the extra $10 and buy the seats without the cushioning when making my next ground blind seat.

Comment

I use a boat swivel on my plastic seat, It has been in my blind for 3 years it pops sometimes when you move around, what type of oil/grease should i use to quiten it?

Comment

Ground Blind Seat

Nice job Snakelover, I may try that. Hard to beat my fold up chair with the back rest from Academy for carrying through the woods though, but if you can leave it in the blind, you win.

Comment

been using the seats just like Snake lover for about the past 7 years. They work better for ground blinds than the buck does. Reason being is the ground is not alway level and a bucket will not sit good on an uneven ground. But a stool with 4 legs will.

Comment

Working...
                                X