Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Horns are the only state team that still has a "realistic" shot at the CFP. Of course, I think they will still stumble somewhere along the way, although the schedule sets up favorably with WV and ISU at home. I also don't think they would beat OU in a rematch. I think it will also take help in the form of a loss from ND or Clemson to open a spot.

As for the Ags, BAS reminds us that the Aggies' season really starts next week. A 5-2 record at the bye is probablly where most Ags realistically hoped to be when the season started. With ranked @MSU, @Auburn and LSU remaining (in addition to OM and a cupcake at home), the "success" of this season is still very much up in the air.

I'm curious what my fellow Aggies (and anybody else with a legitimate opinion) would expect for the last 5 games? What is the minimum you need to see to continue to feel good about the "direction" of the program? What would you consider yet another "collapse?"
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Just based on the one game I watched them play, against your Aggies. The Aggies looked like they had a terrible game, UK looked likethey were a terrible football team. Their quarterback was awful that day though. The fact that they haven't lost three games yet leads me to believe the toughest part of their schedule is yet to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Welll they beat Florida in “The Swamp”, which I’m not sure they’ve ever done....they beat #22 MSU by three touchdowns. I agree, they have a couple tough games ahead with Georgia and Mizzu. Georgia being the big one.

They have 8 seniors on their starting defense and the #1 overall projected LB I’m the 2019 draft. They’re pretty salty, but lots of football left before they hand out the bowl game invites....we’ll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        The Horns are the only state team that still has a "realistic" shot at the CFP. Of course, I think they will still stumble somewhere along the way, although the schedule sets up favorably with WV and ISU at home. I also don't think they would beat OU in a rematch. I think it will also take help in the form of a loss from ND or Clemson to open a spot.

As for the Ags, BAS reminds us that the Aggies' season really starts next week. A 5-2 record at the bye is probablly where most Ags realistically hoped to be when the season started. With ranked @MSU, @Auburn and LSU remaining (in addition to OM and a cupcake at home), the "success" of this season is still very much up in the air.

I'm curious what my fellow Aggies (and anybody else with a legitimate opinion) would expect for the last 5 games? What is the minimum you need to see to continue to feel good about the "direction" of the program? What would you consider yet another "collapse?"
        Realistically 3-2.....with losses to MSU and LSU. Either way, we’re winning on the recruiting front, just by having the name Jimbo knocking on the doors.

4-1/5-0 is a huge long shot with Mond at the helm.....still not sold on him improving.

Comment

I’d feel pretty good now. While the big play defense numbers are actually worse than 2017, that unit is significantly better and they’ve made big strides under the new staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A&M's defense has been way better than in many years past, especially way better than Sumlin, but their offense is to me still hit and miss. They should have rolled Kentucky and SC, but did not due to penalties and turnovers an not so good play by the secondary.
            What I do like is their never quiet attitude and the fire that Fisher shows.
            Time will tell on who has a good record at the end of the year, but A&M's schedule is not easy and Texas has some maybe tough teams left. some of the team that BOTH have played were way over ranked as I think both Texas and A&M are over ranked at this point in the season.
            Bama is Bama and A&M should have beaten Clemson. TCU is not that good right now and OU has no defense. Losses ain't good anywhere, but if Sumlin would still have been around those losses to Bama and Clemson would have been way worse and I am not sure they would have beaten Arkansas or SC.
            I do not Like TT nor Texas with a passion, but I will still buy rounds if Bob and I and I will have to add Smart in the mix if we can ever meet somewhere!

GO AGS!

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
              Welll they beat Florida in “The Swamp”, which I’m not sure they’ve ever done....they beat #22 MSU by three touchdowns. I agree, they have a couple tough games ahead with Georgia and Mizzu. Georgia being the big one.

They have 8 seniors on their starting defense and the #1 overall projected LB I’m the 2019 draft. They’re pretty salty, but lots of football left before they hand out the bowl game invites....we’ll see.
              Mizzou, lol

Comment

So the season was over before it started? I think I get what you are trying to say, but if most actually feel that way then this thread would run a lot smoother I hope they win them all!!

Comment

2018 College Football - Week 8

Mizzou is a joke, Florida is Hit or Miss, Tennessee is a Hot Mess, Vandy is Well Vandy and South Carlolina is nothing to worry about.

Kentucky should finish second in the East with ease since they beat UF. Maybe they’ll knock off the dawgs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                    Realistically 3-2.....with losses to MSU and LSU. Either way, we’re winning on the recruiting front, just by having the name Jimbo knocking on the doors.

4-1/5-0 is a huge long shot with Mond at the helm.....still not sold on him improving.
                    I think this team is capable of winning all of them. Realistically, I think 3-2 is more likely. I'd be ecstatic if they can win their home games and split the two remaining on the road. Anything less than 3-2 would probably be disappointing, although winning the finale against LSU would lessen the sting.
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      My only argument for Bama losing one is it's HARD to go undefeated and it's been a while since they have done it. Have they already secured a spot in the trophy case for this years crystal?
                      I would have probably been OK with one loss. However, the way we have gone through the cupcakes so far has made it tough to not look ahead. It is still one game at a time. UT is next.

There is always room for one more. Since CNS is on the dotted line until a flexible 2025 it may be time to tell the contractor to get ready.

Comment

2018 College Football - Week 8

I’d be happy with a 3-2 finish in these last 5. I think we can go 4-1 and that would be a huge for the program. Fisher would be well above the target in year one. But we can’t go 4-1 without beating Miss St next week. Until further notice I don’t think we are ready to beat L$U.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                          I’d be happy with a 3-2 finish in these last 5. I think we can go 4-1 and that would be a huge for the program. Fisher would be well above the target in year one. But we can’t go 4-1 without beating Miss St next week. Until further notice I don’t think we are ready to beat L$U.

Agree.

Comment

Just based on the one game I watched them play, against your Aggies. The Aggies looked like they had a terrible game, UK looked likethey were a terrible football team. Their quarterback was awful that day though. The fact that they haven't lost three games yet leads me to believe the toughest part of their schedule is yet to come.

UK has a very good chance to finish with only one more loss. I think they looked bad because the A&M run defense took away their main two threats with the front 7 and their play action passing game couldn't get going because of it. Teams that will have to commit safeties to stop their run game will not do so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                              UK has a very good chance to finish with only one more loss. I think they looked bad because the A&M run defense took away their main two threats with the front 7 and their play action passing game couldn't get going because of it. Teams that will have to commit safeties to stop their run game will not do so well.

Very possible, I based everything on one game.

Comment

Very possible, I based everything on one game.

They’re one dimensional and it played into the Aggies Strength.

Comment

Working...
                                X