Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought an air-rifle - Hadn't owned one in a long time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Glenn, you will get MUCH better accuracy out of that gun if you shoot much heavier pellets out of it. IF and it is a big IF it shoots 1100 fps, it won't be very accurate. Dibolo pellets are unstable at that velocity and especially the .177 cal. and that light weight. If you use something like these H&N round nose pellets, I think you'll be very satisfied with them and their accuracy. Your gun should still be lethal at 40 yards or so and a lot more accurate.

Stock up on H&N Baracuda .177 Cal, 10.65 Grains, Round Nose, 400ct at Pyramyd and get the best price for your next outdoor adventure!

This is a good link too for buying your ammo (and a lot of other stuff for air guns) too. They run a special that gives you one free tin of pellets for very 4 you buy and they ship quickly.
    Thank you!
    All the best,
    Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
      I realize this is junk in the level you play with air guns, but I received a Ruger air hawk for Christmas one year. Would I be better with these heavier pellets as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Ain't nuthin' wrong that Ruger... If you have a chrony, shoot over it and see what kind of speed you are getting. If you are high 900's or higher, yes, heavier pellets would help you probably with stability. One thing you can do is get on that Pyramid air web site and search for "pellet sampler". they have a couple different JSB assortments in different calibers that you can buy that will give you about 25-30 pellets of similar profiles that are different weights. Start with the lightest ones and shoot them off the bench. Shoot at 30 yards or beyond to see which ones group best. That's a good place to start.

Comment

Working...
      X