Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
    Have any of yall owned or currently own a Flats Cat? My buddy is offering to sell me his for a dang good deal. 2001 21' with a 140 Zuke on the back (under 400 hours).

Thoughts on this hull?
    Very shallow, rough, and solid hull. I've been in one with that motor, did not feel underpowered with 3 of us in there.

Comment

Oh this is gonna be a nice thread, hope I can contribute
      Last edited by equyst; 04-12-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0175.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	24535895
        Our catch from the upper laguna madre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          [ATTACH]904394[/ATTACH]
          Our catch from the upper laguna madre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Nice afternoon's work!

Comment

In Mansfield for the rest of the week. Woke up to 20 mph winds that ended up 30 shortly after sunrise. Found the reds, trout were hard to come by. Going to grind it out, wind isn't supposed to let up.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Comment

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt;
              Tournament in Matagorda....fishing in Baffin

You see the logic. Lots of runs from Galveston to Sabine/LA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Have any of yall owned or currently own a Flats Cat? My buddy is offering to sell me his for a dang good deal. 2001 21' with a 140 Zuke on the back (under 400 hours).

Thoughts on this hull?
                My friend Jan (Matchejm is his user name) runs that same set up. It's not under powered at all. It's a great setup. Check with him about it.

Comment

What reels do y’all recommend for wade fishing? Looking at the 13 fishing concept a, interception, and a inshore smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Agree but that Dude at Flats Cat is always pushing smaller engines for weight savings.
                    Well the thing with a lot of those tunnel hulls (flats cat is not really a true tunnel more of cat) that the design really only want to go so fast and putting a bigger motor on the back really gets you nowhere. Now some of the newer cat boats will run a lot faster and the big motors work good on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
                      What reels do y’all recommend for wade fishing? Looking at the 13 fishing concept a, interception, and a inshore smoke.
                      Any of the Lews in that same price point.

Comment

Thoughts on this hull?
                        I've spent a whole bunch of time on a mid-90's model 21' Flats Cat with a 115 on it. Started out with a 112 Spl on it and later repowered with a 115 Etec. A buddy of mine bought it in the late '90's from his cousin, still owns it and still fishes out of it today. I'm guessing he has owned it 20 years and it is probably 24 or 25 years old.

It's a solid fishing boat. It runs shallow and gets up shallow. It's not a speed demon but isn't ever going to be one no matter what you put on it. I don't know that I'd want to run one 50+ mph anyway. With a 140 it'll probably run 40ish mph.

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
                          Lew's Pro G, Inshore or Custom Pro SLP.

Comment

It was windy yesterday but we scratched out a box of fish drifting deep shell. I caught a nice trout, she went 28" but I didn't weight her. Nice thick fish.

Last edited by Capt Glenn; 04-13-2018, 09:58 AM.

Comment

That's a good one. Nice work.

Comment

I have been using Cajun Thunder popping corks for the last several years with success with DOA and Gulp under them. Anyone using them or trying anything else?

Comment

Working...
                                X