Vehicle searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
    I always understood the law to mean that one doesn’t have the rights on a public road they do in a residence. No warrant needed. It’s public livery and you chose to use.

Almost there..........but not quite. Your on to something I will say that.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
      Almost there..........but not quite. Your on to something I will say that.
      Come out with it then. I thought you were a retired LEO. I don’t see where he’s nearly on to anything.

Edit: unless you’re talking about the vehicle exception. Then, kind of sort of.

Comment

[QUOTE=boh347;13375715]Pfffff let them search my vehicle any day they’ll never find anything there. Now if they ask to search my anus that’s a different story.

2 of Arizona's finest did that to a suspect, 3 times in the same night, never found anything, or a trace of anything . They had "probable cause".

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          "f-off & go away"

the end...thanks for playing.
          What is this about?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack S. View Post
            just because im in public doesnt mean i give up my rights to privacy, cops cant search you in public for no reason
            Tell that to the TSA when you choose to fly. Tell it to the security guard when you choose to enter a concert venue or stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
              What is this about?
              Know your rights man...you heard it here first. This phrase forces the poo-poo to flee in fear!!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Know your rights man...you heard it here first. This phrase forces the poo-poo to flee in fear!!

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=692532
                Rumor has it Long John Silvers usually has the same effect!

Comment

They ever search mine in a big city, I will thought of as a drug dealer. Cattle syringes, 16 gauge needles, ouch, All kinds of antiobotics for cattle, 22-250 in the back seat for coyotes. Sometimes I carry a cattle dart gun to give cattle antioboticcs. May need help in the Midlothion area some day. LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                    Pfffff let them search my vehicle any day they’ll never find anything there. Now if they ask to search my anus that’s a different story.
                    Prison, huh?

Comment

Good luck. I've got so many tools, hardware, plumbing and electrical parts in there they would have a blast laughing at what they found.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

not giving up my 4th amendment

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
                          not giving up my 4th amendment
                          Ok I will play. What about an open air search with a K-9?

Comment

No sir, not happening without a warrant or a mess.

I refused one when I was probably 20. Got pulled over for no good reason (in my opinion, since I’ve never had a ticket). Guy was a *****, asking me where I was going (hunting), and other questions. Told me he wanted to search my vehicle because I was “acting suspiciously”. I declined.

He said he was gonna call a dog in if I didn’t consent, so I told him to get on the horn. Took them too long to get there so he “had to let me go”. Left a bad taste in my mouth that remains to this day!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                              No sir, not happening without a warrant or a mess.

I refused one when I was probably 20. Got pulled over for no good reason (in my opinion, since I’ve never had a ticket). Guy was a *****, asking me where I was going (hunting), and other questions. Told me he wanted to search my vehicle because I was “acting suspiciously”. I declined.

He said he was gonna call a dog in if I didn’t consent, so I told him to get on the horn. Took them too long to get there so he “had to let me go”. Left a bad taste in my mouth that remains to this day!
                              Yeah that does suck

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
                                I always understood the law to mean that one doesn’t have the rights on a public road they do in a residence. No warrant needed. It’s public livery and you chose to use.
                                Not so - gotta have a warrant or permission (consent) to search the vehicle without probable cause

Comment

Working...
                                X