Wild hog dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild hog dimensions

I want to make a wild hog (150# size) target out of cardboard so I can get use to the site picture. In a couple weeks I’m headed to Oklahoma to hunt them. If someone could let me know about the distance from the ground to the armpit and from armpit to top of back. Also tip of nose to butt. I have noticed I shoot better when I can practice on a similar target as the animal I’m hunting. I think it’s more of a mental thing for me

I hope Rick will post here and give you better dimensions. I would suggest that (and I have not measured any) your shots will be 12" give or take some from the ground to the armpit. and really unless it is a BIG pig no more then 18" from Chest floor to top of back.
    I try to do the same thing (not with necessarily with cardboard) when I am really working on a hunt so the imagery is in my brain.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

It's really hard to say for sure.
        Different hogs in different areas have different diets.
        Some 150#ers are fat. Others are skinny.

I'm gonna say - A hog 12" in diameter at the head, 18" in diameter at the shoulders, 15" in diameter at the hips, and about 24" height at the shoulders is going to be (on average) about a 150 - 200#er.

Rick

Comment

Working...
        X