Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

Comment

Man what a great evening. Deer were moving big time. They are destroying my 2 acre plot. I had 3 does and 7 bucks on it tonight.

Several of the smaller bucks were fighting.

My son unloaded his 20 ga on the big pig herd tonight. He killed about 10-12 pigs with 5 shots with #2 buckshot. Here are three that dropped where they stood.

Comment

I built a new ground blind today so I could hunt with the kids. Its open roof for now but it should hold 3 people.

Before....

After....

The deer are destroying the oats and clover right now.....heavy usage.
        They are eating the radishes too but not like the oats.

Comment

I have a small oat/chicory patch planted. Oats are about 8" tall, but they aren't hitting them too hard. Too many acorns, green around. Nice setups

Comment

great work

Comment

That blind is blended in good man
              Great job

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                I have a small oat/chicory patch planted. Oats are about 8" tall, but they aren't hitting them too hard. Too many acorns, green around. Nice setups
                We had a bumper acorn crop too but they are really hitting the plot. I don't think anyone else plants for miles around. They won't let the oats get above 2-3 inches before they mow it down.....crazy.

The radishes are getting big but maybe 30-40% of the radish tops have been eaten. When it turns cold...I bet they will hammer the radishes.

Thank you guys.

Comment

Good to see your Plot did well for you. Keep up the good work. This is encouraging, definitely will be doing food plots again this summer and spring.

Comment

Boy you are serious! Looks Great!

Comment

How much touble to irigate that 2 acre's?

Comment

Originally posted by bwool View Post
                        How much touble to irigate that 2 acre's?
                        Well I don't have it irrigated now but I am going to dig out the water holes much deeper and wider to provide irrigation water. They sit right next to the plots (slight elevated above them). So once I dig them out with a dozer I will rig up a hose and pump system for the dry years.

Comment

Now that would be the ultimate!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                            We had a bumper acorn crop too but they are really hitting the plot. I don't think anyone else plants for miles around. They won't let the oats get above 2-3 inches before they mow it down.....crazy.

The radishes are getting big but maybe 30-40% of the radish tops have been eaten. When it turns cold...I bet they will hammer the radishes.

Thank you guys.
                            after the first freeze those radishes will turn really sweet and the deer will be all over them.

cool thread!

Comment

We hunted last night and saw one lonely spike.

This morning we had a treat. We saw only 2 deer but one was a nice 8 point. He was borderline 13" so we passed. He ate radishes and oats for over an hour well within bow range. Then he made a scrape about 60 yards from us! I've never seen that before in person...very cool.

Here he is in the plot.

Comment

Update

Hunted this morning and saw 2 small bucks. Nothing in the plots this morning but they are annihilating the oats and keeping the clover mowed.

Tree Stand view.....

Oats..

The clover is staying mowed....you can see a few ends clipped off.

The radishes are getting big!

Comment

Working...
                                X