Work Commute Car? Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
    I bet they are for the price, but way out of my price range.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
      My communte is less than an hour, so the basic would work for me. Any issues you have had?
      No issues at all (knock on wood)

Only thing I had to do is replace the rear bumper cover.... lol I smashed into it with my truck while trying to back up to the boat...

Comment

I got a 2013 Ford Focus for 8k with 50k miles. It gets 42 mpg. Has Done me well as long as no one else tried to ride with me. I’m 6”3 240 so not many others can fit in it with me LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Toyota is hard to beat, corolla will get 35 mpg even if you're hammer down. Very dependable.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
            Toyota is hard to beat, corolla will get 35 mpg even if you're hammer down. Very dependable.
            100% Firm believer in all Toyota products.

Comment

Honda Civic. I got 300k plus out of my last one and still sold for $2k with minor issues
              Bought another the same day and already up to 110k with no issues

Comment

We just bought a 2016 Chevy Cruze with 35k miles for $8500. Has Bluetooth and power everything... getting 38 mpg average with a 45 min commute through Dallas...

Comment

I’m in the same boat!

Comment

I'm looking as well. I drive 2 hrs daily. My current commuter is a 98 mustang. My choices are a Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra or Honda Civic. These 3 are well proven dependable cars.

Comment

Toyota or Honda

Comment

Ive lost faith in the fact that Toyota and Honda are superior vehicles.

If it was me, I’d try to find a nice fusion, Cruze or dart. Not sure what darts are going for.

Buy American!

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
                          I agree here. I have a 06 with 250,000 miles on it. Bought new. All I ever did was change oil every 4500-5000 miles. Regular oil also. Walmart 5w-30. Very easy with this car. Did start adding restore in every oil change after 150k. This car goes and I stomp on that pedal also. Tires still chirp if punch pedal. Still good compression. Not one issue EVER with my Corolla.
                          Very hard not to buy another one.

Comment

Im a toyota believer gave my last one to my son with 335,000 on it with nothing but regular oil changes, tires and brake pads and never an issue, got 55,000 on new one and no issues, I drive 40-50k a year for work, before the toyota a ford quit on me at 206,000 and had more repairs up to that and the chevy lucked out and totaled at 166,000 but it had about 5 trips to the mechanic other than routine maintenance not where I want my car to be.

Comment

My wife has a Chevrolet Trax. I doubt it will get 40 mpg but it’s a very comfortable, zippy little car. Ours is used 95% around town and 5% highway, and still averages 28-30 mpg.

Comment

Nissan Altima.

Bought mine new for 17k plus TTL.

36 per gallon and enough room in the truck to put cooler and stuff and take quick trips to the deer lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X