Palo Pinto Co. Age guesses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palo Pinto Co. Age guesses?

I've got access to some property to deer hunt this year. I have had cams running for a couple of weeks and this is the first 13" buck I've seen. He's fairly regular, but I'm having a tough time getting him past 3.5. Anyone think he may be 4+?
    Attached Files

Based on what we see everything that is legal gets shot so you mine as well shoot....

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
      Based on what we see everything that is legal gets shot so you mine as well shoot....
      I had the same thought. No deer have been taken on this property in 10 years according to the LO, but it's only 160 acres and he claims the neighbors are absolutely non discriminate and allow everyone in their families and friends to hunt it. In fact, deer activity here has really picked up since general season opened, likely deer seeking refuge on this place. We've got a lot of 1.5y.o. bucks but this is the first I've seen that may be 4.5. Food sources are abundant there but the hogs seem to get everything leaving only scraps for the deer, so I'm wondering if he's older than 3.5, but not getting the food to fill out his body. Anyway, I'd be thrilled to take him based on antler size, I just hate to be part of the problem.

Comment

I think he could be 2.5....not even 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
          I didn't want to say it.... hard to imagine for that area tho without any supplemental feed

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
            agree

Comment

That deer is definitely not 4.5, 3.5 seems to me like its pushing it, probably younger than that.

Comment

I'm in agreement with everyone, I'm just sick because I know if he crosses the fence during daylight, he aint likely to make it back.

Comment

2.5 or 3.5

Comment

2.5-3.5

Comment

What side of the county are you on?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
                          I'm in agreement with everyone, I'm just sick because I know if he crosses the fence during daylight, he aint likely to make it back.

In the same boat just North of Gordon on 200 acres. Tried to some what manage it but this year I have heard more gun shots than years past.

Comment

Working...
                          X