Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome place, makes me want to buy land right now!!!...i plan on opening up a ranch once i ets from the army

Comment

nice...im following the blind build too.....keep the pics coming. I want to make a nice box blind for our place too. looking for ideas always

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          Do you have any pics of deer?
          Only a few so far, but as I continue improving the land with food plots, trails and better access to the creek to drink water, they will be a comin'.

Originally posted by ernamal View Post
          awesome place, makes me want to buy land right now!!!...i plan on opening up a ranch once i ets from the army
          Thanks, and thanks for your service! You'll be a landowner soon, I'm sure!

Originally posted by rbljack View Post
          nice...im following the blind build too.....keep the pics coming. I want to make a nice box blind for our place too. looking for ideas always
          I will keep the blind build pics coming, don't worry. I just Henry had much of a chance to work on it with all the festivities this week.
          Originally posted by live2hunt65 View Post
          Nice
          Thanks !

Comment

Last weekend the wifey and I camped out at the ranch for the first time, and she spent the whole day with me in the pop-up. This was the first deer/hog hunt he had ever tagged along for, and despite the freezing weather, she was a heck of a trooper. We had the Mr. Buddy, snacks and some Irish whiskey to help keep us cozy. Nothing showed up that day, but I'd stills at the trip was a 110% success!
            Attached Files

Comment

Wife unit
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                Wife unit
                She looks so thrilled to be there

Comment

Originally posted by TXhunter77 View Post
                  She looks so thrilled to be there
                  She actually loved it, despite her expression, lol

Comment

Originally posted by rbljack View Post
                    Well, I hope you're happy - you got me up off my arse!

Left frame complete!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Outside
                      Attached Files

Comment

Inside
                        Attached Files

Comment

U da man !!!

Comment

This weekend is going to be another "ranch work weekend" for me.

Projects to tackle:

1. Cutting down more yaupons around some really gorgeous oaks.
                            2. Checking existing "no trespassing" signs, and putting up more.
                            3. Buying a roll of barb wire and mending a small area of fence where those darn horses keep coming in from.
                            4. Setting up my 4x4x8 hog trap.
                            5. Sitting out at night in the pop-up to hopefully catch some piggies coming in to the pile of apples and big red I'm going to put out for them!

Comment

following

Comment

Got the pig pipe built! It's 4' of 4" PVC with one welded cap and one removable cap. I'm starting off with 6x 3/8" holes, and made sure to use swiveling parts so it doesn't twist up. It will be placed on the ground with a steel ring and a t-post for it to roll around. I will be putting a little copper fishing bell on it, and filling it with corn and Pig Out.

Between that, the feeder and the trap I will be setting up, I hope something will give and I'll be taking home the first pork from Soggy Bottom Ranch this weekend, to complement my hard work!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X