Best Home Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Home Defense

Sure this will stir the pot. My personal favorite is a pump shotgun with buckshot. Had a friend of mine say "yeah, that's a good one so you don't hurt anyone else by shooting through the wall", lol. I informed him of the power and force of a 12 gauge shotgun.

The sound of the action alone is enough to make someone ***x there pants.

flashlight first and foremost. Then whatever you can manipulate safely at the same time.

Comment

I'll take a SBR over anything else.

Comment

Shotgun is indeed an effective home or elsewhere defense weapon...

Some of my personal favorites:

1. SRM12-16 16 rounds +1 in the barrel... 4 selectable magazine tubes (#4 birdshot in 2 tubes and 00buckshot in the other 2... plus a very sharp breeching tool for a muzzle brake...

Click image for larger version

Name:	SRM-3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	24526406

2. KSG12 14 rounds +1 in the barrel... 2 7round selectable magazine tubes, one full of #4's and 1 full of 00 buckshot...

Name:	KSG-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	24526405

3. Benelli M4 Tactical with a tube estension Just 8 rounds of whatever makes you happy...

Name:	DSC00588.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	24526404

Comment

Flamethrower

Comment

A fresh can of wasp and hornet spray...

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
              I'll take a SBR over anything else.
              Same.

My ideal home defense would be a suppressed MP5. Next would be some variant of a 45 or 9 AR Pistol. Then maybe a SBR 300 blackout suppressed of course and shooting subs.

Can't really find a downside to using those for home defense. You sure as heck aren't making it out alive and also won't go blind/deaf

Comment

Originally posted by allenshawn1 View Post
                The sound of the action alone is enough to make someone ***x there pants.
                I wouldn't consider it ready for home defense if a round wasn't already chambered.

Comment

Ours is an 870 with #4 lead and federal flight control #00 buck

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    Ours is an 870 with #4 lead and federal flight control #00 buck
                    Exactly what I have mine stuffed with on the ammo too! And they won't hear the action operating... they're fully charged now. First thing they'll hear is... well whatever you hear on the way to meet your maker...

Comment

Right now I am using either an AR15 or 9mm handgun because it's what I have. I want to build a 12ga home defense shotgun but haven't figured out what I want yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Exactly what I have mine stuffed with on the ammo too! And they won't hear the action operating... they're fully charged now. First thing they'll hear is... well whatever you hear on the way to meet your maker...
                        I took a 3 day combat shotgun course last year. The instructors swore by the flight control. One day at 'lunch' we shot the flight control side by side with what everyone else had been carrying. I went home and ordered 8 boxes! Stuff is dang near like a slug!

Comment

SBR 300blk with Suppressor and Lehigh Defense heavies.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Shotgun is indeed an effective home or elsewhere defense weapon...

Some of my personal favorites:

1. SRM12-16 16 rounds +1 in the barrel... 4 selectable magazine tubes (#4 birdshot in 2 tubes and 00buckshot in the other 2... plus a very sharp breeching tool for a muzzle brake...

[ATTACH]891579[/ATTACH]

2. KSG12 14 rounds +1 in the barrel... 2 7round selectable magazine tubes, one full of #4's and 1 full of 00 buckshot...

[ATTACH]891578[/ATTACH]

3. Benelli M4 Tactical with a tube estension Just 8 rounds of whatever makes you happy...

[ATTACH]891577[/ATTACH]
                            Love the SRM!

Comment

Nothing beats a biting dog

Comment

Working...
                              X