No announcement yet.

Calling/ Luring Axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never hunted Axis in my life, but I drew the hunt at South Llano River SP at the end of this month and can shoot axis. I think I will order one.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
      https://youtu.be/Glakw9OSxMs

This is what I hear all the time. He is pretty close on the sound from the call.
      That video is the best seller I have seen/heard. I definitely stand corrected. I'm used to hearing the short squeek/bark but not this longer shriek. I'm sold now and ordered one for myself

Comment

I had one walk up behind me just a few yards away in Shriner/Kerrville park and went to roaring like the ones in the vedios. He roared 14 times. The first time scared the crud right out of me. They are very loud up close, and when there is no wind. I couldn't get a shot on him due to the branches and I was on the opposite side of the cedar mont.

Comment

Sounds just like the bucks that bellow every evening behind the house.

I think I'm going to have to buy one myself

Comment

I bought one last Friday after reading the most recent Lone Star Outdoors newspaper. Can't wait to use it.

Comment

That thing sounds exactly right. Going to have to give it a try.
              Jason

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweetfeed

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                  That video is the best seller I have seen/heard. I definitely stand corrected. I'm used to hearing the short squeek/bark but not this longer shriek. I'm sold now and ordered one for myself

The bark is an alarm sound akin to a doe snorting at you.

Comment

Well I bought one also. So any success stories yet. Im headed out this weekend to see if I can call one up. Would like to hear from anyone that has used this while hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                      The bark is an alarm sound akin to a doe snorting at you.
                      Yeah, do NOT imitate the bark unless you want all the axis to leave.

Comment

I’m not sure if it’s the same guy but Cable had a guy on Lonestar outdoors podcast that made the calls you can listen to. He walks you through calling them.

Comment

I am a sucker and just ordered one. Hopefully it will come in by this weekend and I can use it this trip. I hear them all the time at my stand and have yet to have one come in. Maybe this will change things. I will post my hunt on this thread next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            I had one walk up behind me just a few yards away in Shriner/Kerrville park and went to roaring like the ones in the vedios. He roared 14 times. The first time scared the crud right out of me. They are very loud up close, and when there is no wind. I couldn't get a shot on him due to the branches and I was on the opposite side of the cedar mont.
                            I am headed there on Sunday to hunt Monday-Wednesday. I just ordered one. Hoping for the best.

Comment

I'll be trying mine out this weekend too.

Comment

Sweet hope we all have stories of big axis bucks that come charging in

Comment

Working...
                                X