Let's see your metal working shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see your metal working shops

There is a thread about wood shops, so why not? Welders, fab tables, OH cranes, let's see it!

My humble start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

how big is your shop? nice and clean, congrats

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
        how big is your shop? nice and clean, congrats
        40x60x16 with a 20x60 lean-to. It's only clean cause it's new.

Comment

I'm going to be building one soon and can't figure out how big I want I thought 50x60 but I think I may want bigger

Comment

Comment

Maybe one day...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Brian, do I spy a man lift? You holding out on me or what? Ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by arcfiddler View Post
                  Brian, do I spy a man lift? You holding out on me or what? Ha ha
                  Lol, it was a rental.

Comment

What does something like your shop cost to build, that's like the exact one I want to build but ill probably only be able to afford to do it a little at a time and ill add the over hang later on

Comment

Originally posted by Bmarsh9 View Post
                      What does something like your shop cost to build, that's like the exact one I want to build but ill probably only be able to afford to do it a little at a time and ill add the over hang later on
                      This is an open ended question. I live on the coast so i had to deal with wind storm. I also upgraded several things like; the concrete, expandable beams, insulation, ridge vents, 4 rollup wind storm doors, etc..... You probably don't have to deal with that. The best thing for you to do is call a few builders. But to answer your question, mine was $70k after dirt work.

Comment

Mine is 8' x 20', unless you want to count the shade tree out back too. And maybe my one car drive way.

And best of all, it came free with the house it's attached to.

Comment

^^^^^ I hear ya sir.... That's the way I have to roll too.

Comment

My two cents.......you can't build one big enough. Figure how much you think you need then build it at least 1.5 times if not twice as big. Build it as big as you can afford.

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
                              My two cents.......you can't build one big enough. Figure how much you think you need then build it at least 1.5 times if not twice as big. Build it as big as you can afford.
                              It's like buying a safe. Go larger than you think you'll need.

Comment

Working...
                              X