NCAA tournament question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCAA tournament question

Shouldn’t the play in games be for 16 seed spots, not 11 seed like the UCLA/St Bonaventure game?

Why are you trying to make sense?

Comment

If you're having to participate in a play-in game for a 64 team tourney, you should be the 64th overall seed....a 16 in the region with the top 1 seed. My opinion.

Kinda like the NIT tournament. I mean if you win it, you're like #65 because you didn't make the dance.

Comment

For the team playing the play-in game - yes. But, for the team that earned that #1 seed, no. If you were Kansas, who would you rather play - Penn or UCLA/Syracuse? Having watched 0 games for any of those teams this year, I have no doubt that the correct answer is Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
          For the team playing the play-in game - yes. But, for the team that earned that #1 seed, no. If you were Kansas, who would you rather play - Penn or UCLA/Syracuse? Having watched 0 games for any of those teams this year, I have no doubt that the correct answer is Penn.
          I just think the whole play-in process is as stupid as hell. Have your 32 conference winners then pick the next 32 best teams in the country. You know, the way it was done for years?

Comment

NCAA tournament question

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            I just think the whole play-in process is as stupid as hell. Have your 32 conference winners then pick the next 32 best teams in the country. You know, the way it was done for years?

I’m just not sure the NCAA could support itself without the revenue from those extra games......

At the end of the day it’s all about money. Common sense need not apply.

Edit: Which is to say, I agree with you.

Comment

I’m just not sure the NCAA could support itself without the revenue from those extra games......

I'm assuming there's some sarcasm in there. Like the NCAA needs more money.

Comment

Edit: Which is to say, I agree with you.
                The NCAA made 995 million dollars in 2016, I don’t think a significant % was from a handful of playoff games most don’t care to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  The NCAA made 995 million dollars in 2016, I don’t think a significant % was from a handful of playoff games most don’t care to watch

What’s your opinion on their reasoning for doing it? I agree that those games aren’t significant, but I can’t see any other motivation than giving them an additional product to sell two nights earlier.

Comment

What’s your opinion on their reasoning for doing it? I agree that those games aren’t significant, but I can’t see any other motivation than giving them an additional product to sell two nights earlier.
                    I’m not arguing the ‘why’ they do it, without a doubt it is “inventory” to generate revenue. The original question was really rhetorical in nature

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      I’m not arguing the ‘why’ they do it, without a doubt it is “inventory” to generate revenue. The original question was really rhetorical in nature

[emoji1305]

Comment

Just a chance for the low hanging fruit to say they made it to the "big dance".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X