• Show
Clear All

Very nice.

Comment

That is great. Thanks for posting

Comment

Following. Very cool.

Comment

I finally picked up the old girl last night from Gary's on N. Fry Rd in Katy. I told them I wasn't in a hurry so they took their time and she's looks great. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. Gary's did a fantastic job with the Rhino liner.
          Attached Files

Comment

The tailgate cables were toasty so I ordered some replacements and installed them last night. I also found a set of stainless steel tailgate latches that look great against the new black bedliner. I also put on the new Bestop rollbar pad in black denim. The pad looks wrinkled from being in a box, but I expect it will look better in a few days. This should be the same color as the Bestop seats that I am itching to reinstall.
            Attached Files

Comment

Coming along quite nicely.

Comment

Very nice!!!

Comment

Looks really good to be painted with whole kernel corn!

Comment

What did it cost you to have it rhino lined?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                      What did it cost you to have it rhino lined?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                      Gary charged me $550 since I had stripped and grinded most of the tub. If they do all of the prep, I believe the price is $600 for the standard black.

They also added some bondo to smooth out the seams around the new floor pans, which I did not request. They did not charge me for the additional work.

You can also see in the photos that they removed the transmission floor plate around the shifters, sprayed it separately, and then reattached with new sheet metal screws. When I thanked them for this attention to detail, Gary said its necessary in case I need to access the tranny.

They did a great job!

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Man that thing looks good

Comment

Last night I realized how bad the seat frames look so they're getting a fresh coat of paint.

I also installed a new 3-point seat belt on the passenger side. The old girl had crusty lap belts that made me nervous so I ordered replacements made by Corbeau.

Despite the picture on the box, these are standard 3-point belts, but the quality seems very good. The belts came with extra Grade-8 hardware, as well as extensions for tall seats...like a Jeep. You can see the extension in the 3rd pic.

I've read several threads where folks had trouble with 3-point replacement belts not being long or tall enough. Not the case with this set.

Since early CJ5's and CJ's did not come with 3-point seat belts, it was necessary to drill a hole in the roll bar to bolt the upper bracket. Corbeau did not include hardware for this modification.

The roll bar has an OD of approx. 2.5 inches so I bought some Grade-8 3.5 inch bolts, washers, and nuts are Home Depot. I drilled where the new roll bar pad had a seem at the intersection of the rear support.

All in all, I am happy with the install. Tonight I will try to find time for the driver's side.
                            Attached Files

Comment

That is looking really nice!

Comment

Looks really nice, great job!

Comment

Working...
                                X