Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes,albihno corn skanke feels like needle velcro

Comment

Ratlesnake when i was 17, spent 5 days in icu, 7 days in regular room.

Comment

Originally posted by big papa View Post
        Does anybody know what happens when a coral snake bites somebody?
        Not a good end result I'm afraid. No more antivenin made for corral snake bites because not profitable since there are so few bites each year. The venom is a neurotoxin that paralyzes the breathing muscles. I have encountered many corral snakes in my day. They are not aggressive. The only time folks get bitten is when they become careless and handle them.

Comment

I want to hear what happened to the puffer adder bits? I heard they are seriously venomous.

Funny enough I have yet to even see a snake while out hunting. First time I get snake bit I'm moving back to Alaska.

Comment

lol. What about the Juneau Ice Snakes?

Comment

I have been bit on the hand by a Copperhead.

Comment

Originally posted by big papa View Post
                lol. What about the Juneau Ice Snakes?
                I lived in Juneau and can tell you without a doubt there's no snakes there!

They do have a ton of bears there though, but bears are just fine with me as long as there's no snakes haha.

Comment

I've been told just a loose fitting pair of jeans will work...snakes dont sink in like a pitbull or shark or something. They really just strike in defense. Just an opinion.

Comment

July 12, 2010...S/East of Forney....in a corn field, and me in my sandles. Stupid black dog in front of me musta got the copperhead all stirred up. I came stepping behind the dog and he hit me. ONe fang went into a vein. Within a few min much pain, then dry mouth, then sorta wierd dizzy feeling....Called Baylor, they had a room ready for me...then the STUPID docts left me laying in that room for 2.5 hours before They would ever see me. I was throwing up so bad, felt the venom going up my leg, in muscles, rearend, abdominal muscles up to diaphram that control breathing, at time, I started having proplems breathing, husband had to yell airway constriction to get anyone to give me even an IV. Nurse amy was Awful, I hope she gets bit by a snake someday. The ER doc was worse comming in to my room asking "are you in any pain" as I am violantly shaking and throwing up. THEN THE WORST PART...I told Docs I had Latex allergy, they gave me CROFAB antivenom....that says may not be good for me. Immediatly I started hiving up and reacting to the antivenom. Doc and nurse said taht couldnt be possiable, bu there I was swelling up like a toad frog....due to latex papin in the crofab....then the dumb doctors kept giving it to me for the next 36 hours with tons of benadryl before the stuff, worst Time I have EVER had in a hospital....DO NOT TAKE A SNAKE BITE TO BAYLOR. Oh yea, the bill for the crofab....$56,000!

KellyC

Comment

Comment

bump

Comment

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                            I got bit in 1970 really bad.
                            But, we divorced four years later.
                            As you can tell, it still affects me to this day.
                            Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Bigtyma View Post
                              I've been told just a loose fitting pair of jeans will work...snakes dont sink in like a pitbull or shark or something. They really just strike in defense. Just an opinion.
                              LOL Bell bottoms.

Comment

Watch out everybody. Since the weather is starting to cool just a tad I have seen several out during the evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X