Cost of caliche???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of caliche???

How much is a truckload of caliche? I guess the average dump truck holds 15 yards, correct?

Thanks

it isn't the cost of the material it is the cost of the trucking that you need to be concerned about, where is your nearest pit?

Comment

Would be about 35 miles.

Comment

anyone buy caliche lately?

Comment

We buy caliche by the yrd off of land owners to build locations to drill and repair roads..... 3.50 thru 5 dollars pr yd is avg out here but have seen it sell for 10. Most of our trucking is charged by the hour. 50 is avg pr hour for a bobtail and. 70 or so for. Belly dump. Hope tht helps

Comment

Around here, Hamilton co., it's goes for $6-$11 per yard depending on how it grades and aggregate size.

Comment

Down in the Valley we are paying $ 17.00 a yard . A whole truck runs about $80.00 .

Comment

Rodeo. Where are you located. I work for a large aggregate company and probably have something close or know someone that does.

Comment

Are there places you can just drive up and buy a trailer or truck load of caliche like you would sand or gravel? I'd like to spread some in areas of our camp that get really muddy - I'll need to find a place around Abilene.

Comment

This is right at my expertise, 14yds dump truck average around my area ia 250$ a truck load. 100 miles round trip to the pit.

Comment

Jerp... The company I work for is Vulcan materials and they have a quarry in Abilene you can drive in and buy crushed limestone or find someone with a dump truck and have them pick it up for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronF View Post
                        Jerp... The company I work for is Vulcan materials and they have a quarry in Abilene you can drive in and buy crushed limestone or find someone with a dump truck and have them pick it up for you.
                        Thanks Byron!

Comment

Working...
                        X